JERSEY CITY | 351 Marin Boulevard | 406 FT | 38 FLOORS

Awesome shots! I assume they are taken from Urby?

2 Likes

Yes! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yesterday

11 Likes

12 Likes

12 Likes

You can really see the curve from that angle.

Here’s a two week series of photos from around 2 weeks ago. They’re moving at a slightly more than 1 floor/week pace. Wondering if now that they’ve reached the square floors they can get to 1.5/week

11 Likes

I also noticed construction almost grinded to a halt once they finished the curved floors. Maybe they had inspectors come to take a look but it looks like they started adding floors again.

View of the curves:

12 Likes

Construction is stopped as of tomorrow at 8pm by Murphy’s orders so we’ll have to wait probably 2 months to find out.

2 Likes

Still going on as of today after being just about shut yesterday - but that seemed to have been more about the weather. There was some talk in one of the other JC building threads that they think workers are basically making sites safe, but that doesn’t seem to really be the case on this - they seem to be adding another floor. I’m not sure what difference one more floor makes. And realistically we don’t know how long - but I doubt 2 months for construction. That’s probably one of the first things that will reopen.

Also I think they have actually sped up a bit since they passed the curved floors. They were pouring about 1 floor a week then (1 every 5 days) and now they seem to be doing 1 every 4 days. Haven’t seen them at full speed but they may even be able to do 1 every 3.

2 Likes

351 Marin Blvd currently has a temporary exemption for the following reasons:
Structural Integrity
Site Security
Abating hazards
Site Safety

https://www.jerseycitynj.gov/cms/One.aspx?portalId=6189744&pageId=16658257

I don’t see 331 on the list though?

3 Likes

it was still pouring today. I’m not sure why it’s not on the list as it seems to be more in need of structural work (some of the plywood blew off in the storm Monday).

3 Likes

So it turns out 331 Marin is exempt too. It’s listed as “180 Morgan Street” for some reason (even though none of the parcels in the site has that address).

180 Morgan Street

• Site Security
  • Abating hazards
  • Site Safety
3 Likes

Today. Forms are going up. The site is extremely active- same with 331.

10 Likes

Marin Blvd, 2020 vs 2012

7 Likes

hard to believe, happened so fast!

2 Likes

That’s the same intersection??

3 Likes

Yup !

2 Likes

apophenic - that photo is from 2012. By 2016 The Morgan already existed, as well as 70 Columbus.

Still, a huge change over the past few years.

FYI - as of Monday this week, both this building and the one next to it are paused. They have been digging a trench in the street in front of 351 for the past 3 days, but that’s the only work going on on either building.

5 Likes

Taken earlier today

9 Likes

7 Likes