Highrise/skyscraper Development Lists - All U.S. Cities Applicable

Been a few months since the latest CTBUH Update; 11-29-2020

Proposals, U/C, Topped out (Note: Not 100% but an idea)

A good portion of the last cycles boom is topping out or nearing completion. A whole slew of proposals to catapult the next cycle. (NYC)

3 Likes

Jersey City (Click to zoom)

2 Likes

Is 55 Hudson St still in the works? They were talking about that back in 2015 but I never saw anything develop.

Latest NYC Super talls:

3 Likes

A look at what’s under construction, 90 meters to 423 meters.

For proposals: Does not include everything

2 Likes

Just some Data: 06-25-2022

1. 121,893 proposed units for NYC.
  2. 180.2 million square feet in total.

Distribution of proposed units in the pipeline:

3 Likes

Some more details but on a borough level.

Manhattan: 35,220 units.

Brooklyn: 37,777 units.

Queens: 28,688 units

Bronx: 18,483 units

Staten Island: 1,725 units

4 Likes

Just for comparison purposes. Yeah I think we will remain a solid 2nd indefinite but good to know where the U.S. ranks.

One area to note is super talls. We are fast approaching #2 in that category and have jumped tremendously over the last 5 years.

2 Likes

Oh yeah 300 M is in the bag. NYC alone should surpass Dubai in the coming decade, or at least match it.

The you have the various projects around the country in Miami, Chicago, Philly, LA, SF, Austin, etc

It’ll be interesting to see how Miami adds to the count. With Waldorf U/C, the first super tall in Florida, and several others with very good odds, Miami-Dade may alter the dynamics. I think we are all curious what the future Citadel tower will look like. You have some developments as well that are very close to that 300m mark, so 200m+ will swell in time.

1 Like

Frankfurt am Main is also on the list in 26th place.

1 Like

A look over the decades. For the U.S…

Figures past 2023 are estimated completions and/or estimated completions for pipeline projects.

1 Like

Some unit data for NYC (And other metros) - Apartment construction

2 Likes

NYC may have put up the most, but when compared with the others populations I don’t think NYC did that good, or at least as well as it could have.

2 Likes

Brooklyn the most populated borough of 2.7 million people didn’t even make the top 20 in the first chart. Neither did the Bronx. This is bad.

1 Like

Although the entire graph is misleading. No other city is broken down into areas, therefore all 5 boroughs of NYC should have been included as 1 city.

Yeah I hate when people act like Brooklyn is a different city, or somehow seperate from the rest of the city despite the fact they’ve been joined since 1898.

But it doesn’t matter anyway. NYC is not doing good on the units regardless

Well Queens in the one that made the list (not Brooklyn), but your point still stands that the boroughs are often separated from each other due to their individual sizes in relation to other cities around the country.

NYC really isn’t doing so good in terms of building residential units as you said even when compared to the graph if Queens and Manhattan were put together (leaving it between Houston and Austin and then definitely No. 1 if all the boroughs were combined). One would think that the insane market with not being able to keep up with demand for housing would spark more developers to be building more “affordable” housing than almost anything else but it doesn’t really seem to be having that much of an affect on the industry.

1 Like

I wonder why more isn’t going up? The demand is obviously there

1 Like