Discussion Topic | Amazon HQ2

I mean who wouldn’t want a glass version of the poo emoji. Definitely a major bullet dodged.

2 Likes

It looked fine

And why exactly would they do that instead of just staying where they are?

1 Like

To you perhaps, but architectural preferences are subjective and that’s fine.

Yeah I suppose.

That’s definitely not happening.

Because NY is the greatest US city.

So why didn’t they set up here originally?

They planned to until left wing radicals scared them away.

3 Likes

Off topic…

1 Like

The Newark bid was always my favorite. Probably one of the best possible locations considering transit, a major international airport and whatnot

5 Likes

I’m never going to defend Michael Gianaris, the person most responsible for Amazon aborting LIC HQ but former Gov. Cuomo screwed this up.

No community engagement or benefits, no testing of the pulse of the locals, a lack of urgency once things started going wrong. As someone in IT who really wanted Amazon to be there it was a huge disappointment.

On the other hand polls suggest 40% of IT workers are fully remote now. Most of the rest are hybrid. Obviously the HQ would’ve had space for non-IT as well, but the number of workers in NYC would’ve decreased from estimates at the time anyway. The pandemic made remote work in IT the new normal.

2 Likes

How tall do you think those 2 were?

1 Like

idk where to put this, Arlington county board unanimously voted in favor of “missing middle” zoning changes.

"The Arlington County Board just voted unanimously to approve allowing smaller multifamily structures — also known as Missing Middle — in what were heretofore neighborhoods of only single-family detached homes.

The vote will allow buildings from duplexes to six-plexes, depending on lot size, with the units capped at four on certain smaller lots. The structures will be no larger than what’s allowed for single-family homes."-ARLnow

3 Likes

I guess ill add this one as well. peep the comments, arlnow has a pretty funny community.

The Post said that representatives from Monumental Sports & Entertainment, which owns the Capitals, Wizards and Washington Mystics, have had preliminary and exploratory talks regarding a possible arena site near Amazon’s new HQ2 development in the National Landing area of Arlington.

2 Likes

Like MSG, the Capital One Arena is garbage. Sadly, we can’t get rid of our vile arena. Even worse, our malignant tumor, MSG, crushes the souls of the 600k+ who commute through Gahenna each day.

2 Likes
1 Like