DALLAS | General Development News + Construction

A brand-new rail station on the existing Trinity Railway Express between downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth is now under construction. The new station, called Trinity Lakes station, will be in eastern Fort Worth and will replace the existing Richland Hills station. The new station will be between the Richland Hills and Bell stations.

Source: TRE Announces Schedule Changes for Trinity Lakes Station Construction

3 Likes

2023 Downtown Dallas, Inc Meeting & Luncheon - “$6 billion dollars of planned or ongoing projects, 20 different projects”

2 Likes

The tower proposed by Dallas’ Validus Development Corp. would include 104 luxury residential units in 29 stories. Developers presented plans for the project – located at Hood and Brown streets near Fairmount – at this week’s Oak Lawn Committee meeting.

Units in the tower would average more than 2,200 square feet, with only four residences per floor. All of the parking would be located in an underground garage and a swimming pool would be built on a second-floor tenant amenity area.

Dallas architect GFF designed the project, which developers say will cost between $90 million and $100 million.

A half dozen apartment and condominium towers and a luxury hotel also are planned in the Turtle Creek corridor between Uptown and Highland Park.

7 Likes

I feel like this is the 2nd phase of Downtown’s revitalization. The initial focus was to repurpose 40 vacant buildings, now it has shifted to underutilized office space. I really think this next wave of office conversions will help downtown reach critical mass, which it needs for more retail. Like a full service grocery store or discount/full line dept store.

— Office conversions

Renaissance Tower

Bryan Tower

Energy Plaza

Thanksgiving Tower

Comerica Bank Tower

1700 Pacific

They’re estimating 2,500 residential units as a result. Eliminating 3.7 million square ft of office space. I don’t think it includes the recent announcement abt Comerica Bank Tower.

3 Likes

Dallas wants to build its own Central Park

Per:Dallas wants to build its own Central Park - Axios Dallas

1 Like

There’s movement on the NorthEnd (Goldman Sachs) site. I’ve seen large pipes on site. I think they’re installing water/wastewater connection. A lot of underground work going on adjacent streets as well.

time-lapse from Reddit

Screenshot of time-lapse. This view is looking from Downtown towards Uptown

6 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2023/04/17/goldman-sachs-hunt-realty-dallas-regional-campus.html#cxrecs_s

5 Likes

Dallas this week joined Austin on the list of Texas cities that have affirmatively decided not to build a subway.

Construction has commenced on 12th Street light-rail station in Plano, which will provide an interchange with the future Silver Line commuter-rail service.

1 Like

Dallas joined list of Texas cities that plan to handicap their future success for literally zero reason

4 Likes

^^
Paywall

7 Likes

Fort Worth updates

110 West Seventh Street
Fort Worth, TX

Trinity Lakes station (infill station on commuter rail line between Fort Worth and Dallas)
will open on February 19, 2024

2 Likes
1 Like

700 West Vickery Boulevard
Fort Worth, Texas

https://www.multihousingnews.com/trademark-scoa-break-ground-on-fort-worth-community/

1 Like