- Seattle is searching for a second airport to act as a reliever for SEA-TAC International.
- It has already been a longwinded process and looks set to continue to 2023.
- Many considerations will be made, and they will include political and environmental ones.
- Six airports are in the running for expansion; five of them are general aviation facilities.
- At this stage at least one of them, Everett Paine Field, stands out due to existing infrastructure, commercial air services and other factors.
A shortlist of two sites is expected to be formulated by Sep-2022, with an official recommendation to be submitted to the Washington State Legislature by Feb-2023.“