NEWARK | Nova Towers | 488 FT | ? FLOORS

New tower proposed in Newark

From Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Newark/s/MzsmHu495v

Ladies and gentlemen I present Nova Towers by KS Group and INOA architecture. This was the secret project I was talking about months ago. Some details about the project will be down below in this comment!!!

• ⁠Nova Tower will be a 2 phase project. I believe it’s going to be one tower at a time. Something similar with what’s happening in Journal Square. They build tower 1 first and it’s officially topped off with tower 2 currently getting to its final height point. I don’t see how the bridge can work if phase 2 happens many years later.
• ⁠Nova Tower is the project that Calvin hinted at many months ago during Arc tower meeting at his office. He told me another developer has bought the site for the old Vibe tower site. Yes this will be located at the old vibe tower site. Which I hinted at before.
• ⁠The towers will be taller than Summit Tower original 531ft or at least around that height.
• ⁠Project will have to go past the LHPC, most likely zoning board and finally the central planning board so pretty much the holy trinity.
• ⁠Construction will likely happen once all approvals have been granted and most likely when Summit Tower is well underway and near completion and opening.
• ⁠It sits outside historic districts so no height restrictions, also giving the fact that Halo has 2 other towers approved and taller than Nova towers.
• ⁠Hope you all enjoy, another proposal by KS group

15 Likes

Looks nice! No obvious PTAC units is a huge plus

1 Like

Are these all by the same team? New proposals looking very similar across Newark…

6 Likes

I think so. Most renderings wouldn’t show off another building that hasn’t been constructed especially if they are similar heights and types (both competing for residential) unless they are the same design/dev team.

At any rate, Go Newark!!

7 Likes

Might be the same architecture firm but I’m not sure. This, arc tower, HALO, etc all have very similar designs

1 Like

Some desperately needed development for Newark. There are too many giant parking lots in that city ripe for skyscrapers. Let’s hope they look good both day and night.

If anyone’s wondering why all the towers look similar, they were all developed by KS Group.

The three big towers here including these towers, Summit Tower and 315 Mulberry Street are all projects by that same developer which might explain why they are similar in design.

7 Likes

Yea I thought something was similar, a little too similar. But I’m gonna be honest, I like it a lot. And I’m really glad some of those renderings show off all three proposals. Hopefully in the future we’ll get better renderings showing all three with the skyline

2 Likes

Aside from the fact that their all developed by the same person like ALC said, theyre all designed by the same firm, INOA Architecture, which is more so the reason why they look similar.

3 Likes

Seems like a highrise, 400ft maybe?

Designed by INOA Architecture and developed by KS Group LLC, the structures are planned to both stand 488 feet tall and yield a combined 712 residential units in studio to two-bedroom layouts.

7 Likes