NEW YORK | The Set (451 Tenth Ave) | 587 FT | 45 FLOORS

12 Likes

This is a simple shape, but the facade is magnificent!!!

Is this a condo or a rental?

1 Like

The bottom “podium” is senior living and everything above that (the setback) is rentals.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s a very nice tower for rentals.

Sure, the senior living portion (named Coterie Hudson Yards) already has a website up.

Considering that the apartments above that are market price rentals, they’ll be more expensive than the prices for the senior living ones.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. Senior living is absurdly expensive. The prices at the new senior building on Lex and 56th are out of control. I had no idea about how expensive it is until I saw the prices at that building.

1 Like

Hmm, good point, but these still look nicer than several of the other rental towers in the Hudson Yards district, and comparing Related’s other rental properties in the area (since they own these too), a studio still starts at around $5000/month. I’d expect these to be the slightest more expensive, but you’re right, still not as pricey as Coterie and the other nice senior living places around the city.

1 Like

@JC_Heights many thanks for sharing your pictures of this particular building! I’ve seen comparatively little coverage of its construction which makes me doubly appreciate your post with images from all angles. :+1:t2::tada:

1 Like

Wow, $10,800 for a studio. lol. I was not expecting that at all.

@Skyalign For some of the multi-millionaire ritzy elderly in Manhattan, that’s pocket change. It’s crazy how they’re able to spew out that much money from their checking account a month.

Is that the senior building on Lex?

Nope, he was referring to a studio at this building. I think the one you’re referring to on Lex is Sunrise at East 56th? But it doesn’t have publicly available prices.

I believe the cost of the senior living apartments account for personalized care and assisted living, which is why they are so much more expensive than a normal market rate apartment.

3 Likes

Per @AntonioL

3 Likes

The concept of this apartment building is interesting (not that the idea is new to me) but I haven’t seen this very often in NY where the apartment is almost like a hotel and has furnishings already and room service. I’ve seen this more often done in condo’s and higher end apartments.

I’m wondering what’s going on with it’s commercial tower counterpart, I haven’t seen any new news from Related or anything. Probably waiting for a tenant like everyone else.

This is a beautiful tower.

7 Likes

Delete

I assume you thought it was a different building than the other building part of this development? Lol

Taking into consideration that the article says that the building will be larger than what the permit is describing (25 floors, 750,000sqft, 450’ tall) at 1.3 million square feet, I believe that the render JC posted is still a fairly accurate depiction of what will be built, size and height wise.

2 Likes

Well I looked and it seemed this thread was for a building already UC, whereas what I posted was for a proposed.

I didn’t know the status of any of the sites, so I just assumed it was the wrong site.

1 Like

This thread is for both Related Co projects, it’s a 2 phase development. :+1:

2 Likes

11 Likes