NEW YORK | One World Trade Center | 1,776 FT | 104 FLOORS

Hmm looks like they put up more smaller fencing in it’s place

I realized they could’ve made this spire reach to 600 meters if they wanted to. It would look amazing.

3 Likes

Anyone else wonder what the base of the tower would of looked like if it was designed to be open and covered in transparent glass like the other buildings? Security issues aside of course, say in an alternate universe.

while it wasn’t going to be entirely open, that was more or less the original vision. You could see the trusses in front of the veritable concrete bunker at the base in the older renderings and models.

5 Likes

Yeah it would of been cool to see the trusses shine through. My idea I just kinda quickly did was anything in red would be transparent glass like 4 entry ways. Then anything in green would be the opaque glass like the crowns of 4 wtc or Manhattan west. Or turned into more office floors. Idk might look a little funky though. But that’s kinda what I’m generally trying to imagine

5 Likes

I took this back in 2015, at the Skyscraper Museum

6 Likes

That looks incredible.

2 Likes

Looks like the east plaza is officially open now, the fence is gone. One change they’ve done though is extend the PAC construction fence line further out.

Original fence line:

Today:

6 Likes

From NYguy on ssp

7 Likes

11 Likes

Same trees used in the memorial?

92 percent leased. Thank god its actually filling up

4 Likes

Looks nice.

1 Like

How long has it taken for this to fill up? 1 Vandy took like less than a year.

It was reported in 2014 that is was 55-60 percent leased at the time

2 Likes

Before the pandemic it was also 93% leased but companies shrunk or subleased some of their space. I believe it went down to about 90%. Glad to see it starting to fill up again for sure.

4 Likes

7 Likes
6 Likes

Per NYguy:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-28/manhattan-s-one-world-trade-center-now-95-leased-after-new-deal

Manhattan’s One World Trade Center Now 95% Leased After New Deal
Occupancy had dipped to roughly 90% during the pandemic

ByNatalie Wong
March 28, 2022

Quote:

A new lease at lower Manhattan’s One World Trade Center bumped occupancy at the skyscraper up to 95%.

An existing tenant, German data processing firm Celonis, expanded its space at the tower, taking all 40,763 square feet (3,787 square meters) on the 70th floor, according to a statement Monday by landlords Durst Organization and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Occupancy at the property, which has 3.1 million square feet of space, was at 93% in February 2020 and had dipped to roughly 90% during the pandemic as tenants with employers working remotely let their leases expire.

5 Likes

Speaking of, 3.1 million sqft is massive but compared to 200 Park Avenue ( and comparing their heights ) not nearly as much as I would think. Probably because the lots are restricted due to the memorial, subway, etc.