NEW YORK | Midtown East

See Snøhetta’s lush public garden now open at 550 Madison Avenue

6sqft

6 Likes

The article didn’t mention the waterfall, and while it’s visible in the photos, the water isn’t on. I hope that Snohetta didn’t ditch it.

I looks like they’ve tested it since the stones look like they’ve been wet (they are discolored from each other and uniform on the top ridge) in the photos so I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

You have a good eye, TKDV.

I can’t wait to see detailed renderings of the water features at 270 Park.

Can’t wait until Grand Central is surrounded by new massive, supertall towers. Especially in front

2 Likes

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/2023/02/15/rfr-seeks-1b-refi-of-seagram-building/

Update on abandoned hotel at 525 Lexington Avenue

2 Likes

Lol I had posted this in the general thread because I forgot that this thread existed at the time.

1 Like

My personal opinion on the new Midtown East towers (proposals and built)

S Tier - 175 Park Avenue (if built as rendered). 270 Park Avenue
A Tier - 1 Vanderbilt
B Tier -
C Tier - Newest 350 Park Avenue design. Tower Fifth. 432 Park Avenue

(If the previous design for 350 Park had gone through that would have been A Tier)
The C Tier towers aren´t actually all that bad imo, however when compared with the other major towers going up (especially S and A tier) they just don´t compare.
I can´t wait to see what new designs will be released in the future.

I wonder if it will ever reopen.

Does anyone think that 383 Madison will be getting a complete renovation once JP moves to 270 Park?

383 is absolutely beautiful. I’d hate for them to touch the exterior.

1 Like

The exterior is fine. Just interior renovations. I actually really like this building.

It’s stunning. I haven’t been inside. I’d imagine that it’s pretty nice. The tower isn’t very old.

I think that’s fully dependent on whoever leases the spaces after JPMC moves out, if they find the need to change things well then yeah they probably will. There are numerous examples of that throughout NYC, and the most publicly viewable of those changes is typically a lobby reno.

2 Likes

400 East 62nd Street

very sad and anti-social situation: movie theater gets replaced by self-storage facility

3 Likes

I hope Midtown East keeps getting filled in with skyscrapers. it has a lot of them but they get too spaced out in some parts. and it would look better from the river with more skyscrapers ofc

1 Like