NEW YORK | Macys Tower | FLOORS | 800 FT

https://www.macysrenewingheraldsq.com/#Vision

5 Likes

It looks almost exactly like 111 Federal underconstruction in Boston.

Macy’s tower:

111 Federal - Boston

4 Likes

I wish that the filthy and disgusting garbage across from Macy’s would be redeveloped.

Who would pay top dollar to have a view of this bit of Gahenna?

1 Like

yeah, that’s a revolting stretch. The capital of the world deserves better.

1 Like

The age of …

2 Likes

Here’s the 111 Federal Boston thread, which I should have added a link to earlier.

1 Like

Herald Square may soon see a 900-foot-tall FXCollaborative-designed skyscraper perched atop Macy’s historic Herald Square flagship store. The proposed scope of work also includes a $235 million investment in the surrounding neighborhood. The investment will fund upgrades to subway beneath Herald Square including upgraded access points, improved ADA-accessible elevators, and modernization of the existing outdoor public plaza. The project is expected to generate $269 million annually in new tax revenues for New York City and spark $4.29 billion in annual economic output. Plans for the skyscraper addition were announced in February 2020. Proposals include the construction of a 1.5-million-square-foot structure, primarily comprising office space, and a publicly accessible “Sky Lobby” with views of the surrounding neighborhood. Specific upgrades to the transit system include new entrances at Broadway and 34th Street leading into Penn Station, enhanced access points into the Herald Square station at 34th Street and at Greeley Square, as well as ADA-accessible elevators at Seventh Avenue, 35th Street, 34th Street, and Broadway. As of now, it is unclear when the project might break ground or be completed. When work begins, Macy’s Herald Square will remain open throughout all phases of construction.

2 Likes

Make it 984 please!

2 Likes

Is it 900 feet in addition to the Macy’s building height (which is 171 feet tall), for a total height of 1,071 feet?

9 Likes

I have no idea.

If you look at at the rendering above it looks to be significantly taller than 1 Penn Plaza which stands at about 750 feet so my guess is this tower has to be much taller than 800 feet.

3 Likes

To be honest, I held a piece of paper up to my screen and followed the roof line to the right edge of 1 Penn Plaza. It doesn’t look significantly higher to me.

2 Likes

Yeah I did that later and noticed it too. Guess it is around 800 feet .

1 Like

Some variations of the building

11 Likes

It looks gorgeous. Reminds me Pelli Trinity Place

1 Like

Meanwhile, its sister is rising in Boston.

7 Likes

Per NYguy:

From the Penn Station redevelopment FEIS…

4 Likes

That’s good news!!

I guess. It’s basically just confirming that they took the planned project into account in their environmental assessment.

Like it says they don’t know if the project will priceed or not.

I wonder if this will ever move forward.

https://www.macysrenewingheraldsq.com/

4 Likes