NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

547 West 47th Street

5 Likes

3 Saint Mark’s Place

205 East 38th Street

In 2016, YIMBY published an article about a potential development on East 38th Street.

However, nothing ended up happening. Then a couple of days ago part of the facade of the parking garage included in this assemblage of sites spontaneously collapsed.

Maybe now they can demolish and build something here. It’s a five-minute walk from Grand Central and needs to have something more substantive than an abandoned parking garage.

155 Mulberry Street

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/foundations-italian-american-museum-condos-along-mulberry-street039s-burgeoning-outdoor-dining-scene/45041

4 Likes

Snapped this while driving to a client site. In New Brunswick. Taken today.

Was on Easton Ave.

Edit: Its 78 Easton Avenue.

The building at 78 Easton Ave. will replace an existing three-story medical building at the road’s intersection with Hamilton Street. The new structure will house roughly 575 bedrooms, two underground levels of parking and 9,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space, according to Collegiate Development Group, the Missouri-based firm behind the project.

6 Likes

That’s a few blocks down from Old Queens. I attended Rutgers in the mid-2000s. Lived off campus all around that area. So much has changed in New Brunswick/Piscataway, I should visit at some point.

Glad I was around when fat sandwiches were still in their heyday. I miss the Grease Trucks.

2 Likes

They are still there. Well, prior to the pandemic, but you can still find them (grease trucks).

Yeah a lot has changed. There’s some good clubs in the area that I frequent. Esquina Latina and Perle.

Lots of good dancing and music! Can’t wait for this pandemic to end. I went to Rutgers as well. Newark/New Brunswick, and NJIT for a few extra courses.

McGoverns in Newark NJ is the ultimate bar! Best Long Island Ice Teas in all of NJ!

2 Likes

A potential demolition and development at 38-46 Second Avenue (at East Second Street):

1 Like

142 West 19th Street

2 Likes

Pic by me. Taken today. 78 Easton Ave which is u/c in New Brunswick NJ.

6 Likes

63 Pitt Street - a potential 13-story residential building on Lower East Side of Manhattan

3 Likes

56 N. Moore Street (Tribeca)

4 Likes

122 East 32nd Street (Korean Cultural Center)

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/korean-cultural-center-designed-samoo-begins-rise/36181

601 Washington Street

75 First Avenue

4 Likes

Spotted this today. Pics my me. In Somerville NJ (part of NYC metro).

!

Another recent mid density development, in Somerville NJ. “Cobalt Apartments”

3 Likes

Pic by me. Taken yesterday of 78 Easton Ave in New Brunswick NJ.

7 Likes

75 First Avenue

1 Like

214 West 72nd Street

3 Likes
2 Likes

98-81 Queens Boulevard planned development in Rego Park has been upsized from this:

to this:

6 Likes

Greenpoint library branch in Brooklyn.

7 Likes

Construction Update: 40 Bleecker

Credit: FC

5 Likes

61 Rivington Street

City Realty photos

4 Likes