NEW YORK | Liberty Park (WTC)

Concrete pours have happened a few days ago, regardless being installed for the 2nd floor and a concrete form has arrived, but not installed yet

Progress diagram

2 Likes

4 Likes

More rebar and forms are getting prepared for the second floor pour!

3 Likes

Floor 2 ^

Floor 3 ^

Comparing floor 2 to the photo I posted of St Nicholas earlier, you can see the second floor taking shape!

White is the floor, the gray is what is the bottom right corner stump that has been poured since 2014 and the circular area that is gray will be hollow, obviously.

3 Likes

Very interesting, Thomas. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I put the edits of the floorplan on my original post, here is a gif of all 3 floors

3 Likes

Wow!
Very nice, Thomas! :smiley:

1 Like

This park is about to be opened soon! I hope!

4 Likes

I heard it’s opening this Summer, from wtc.com

4 Likes

Nice. Hope it’s early summer.

1 Like

I’d say late August or early September

4 Likes

Concrete pouring!!!

4 Likes

Hooray! That’s a good sign for this church! :smiley:

3 Likes

The 1st floor walls are done and the 2nd floor is drying. Plus one the top right corner, forms are starting to go up for the 2nd floor walls!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Very good process!
And very good pictures!

1 Like

4 Likes

Hey, everyone!
Check this news! :smiley:
http://tribecatrib.com/content/port-authority-said-seek-support-new-wtc-sphere-site

I think it would be nice to have it (in a good spot somewhere) in the Memorial site, if not in the Liberty Park.
What do you all think?

1 Like

Good news! I’d say put it in the memorial, putting it on Liberty Park kind of doesn’t mean anything

2 Likes

Unlike the Memorial, Liberty Park has a specific spot to support a 22-ton structure. There is no way the Sphere will sit on top of PATH hall’s roof.

4 Likes