NEW YORK | Garden City Twin Supertalls | 2x1600-1700 ft+

Can’t find it anywhere because I modeled it myself lol. I did built in video game software and have been debating offering it online playable for a monthly subscription if there’s enough demand.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting the renders! Could you please post one looking north to show the entire Midtown skyline viewed from Downtown?

Also, one looking East or west as well!

Similar

Vincom Landmark 18 in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/vincom-landmark-81/18192

6 Likes

Ahh cool. :slight_smile: :+1:

Btw I love your content on youtube, so I subscribed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah these just look like Sears/Willis towers with literally extra steps so definitely hope for something else shape wise.

1 Like

Again – they’re purely conceptual sketches. No actual architectural work has been done, since they’re years away from reaching a deal with the parties involved, much less figuring out the programming of the buildings.

1 Like

As Vincent Scully once said, “One entered the city like a God” while referring to the 1963 deconstruction. They took away Penn Station one of the most ornate and busiest of train stations full of convenience and demolished it. The misappropriation of Madison Square Garden may never be forgiven until now. Let them build a new Penn Station that citizens will remember. As if a God could transit there himself!

1 Like

You left out the second (and best) part of Scully’s quote: “One entered the city like a God, now one scuttles in like a rat.”

Penn Station is a disgrace.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzNkPss-x9/

18 Likes

is the any chance of these still happening with the new Penn station plans coming soon?

1 Like

These are purely conceptual

1 Like

I think it’s unlikely to happen but it would be really cool to see.

New York needs these buildings. They should be 2000ft+

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Looks great! Now we need a megatall or two at the PABT area :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These were part of a CB5-generated proposal to relocate MSG to a site abutting Herald Square. Hochul’s plans, just like Cuomo’s, don’t seem to even consider relocating MSG as a possibility. I think the Penn saga is a long way from being settled, but I’d consider the relocation effort and thus these towers just about dead.

1 Like

They should do exactly that. Use eminent domain and force MSG to move. However it’s unlikely that will happen.

My tower proposals for Site 2 in the Empire State/Penn Complex aren’t related to the Garden City vision. The Garden City proposal, as previously mentioned, was a visionary proposal to move MSG, if it were overlayed with the ESC boundary it would’ve only affected sites 6,7, & 8.

2 Likes