NEW YORK | 509 Third Avenue | 386 FT | 35 FLOORS

2 Likes
1 Like

Permits Filed For 509 Third Avenue In Murray Hill, Manhattan

Permits have been filed for a new 35-story mixed-use building at 509 Third Avenue in Murray Hill, Manhattan. Located between East 34th Street and East 35th Street, the lot is two blocks from the 33rd Street subway station, serviced by the 6 train. Kevin Lalezarian under the Third and Thirty Four LLC is listed as the owner behind the applications.

The proposed 386-foot-tall development will yield 166,917 square feet, with 158,685 square feet designated for residential space and 8,253 square feet for commercial use. The building will have 229 residences, most likely rentals based on the average unit scope of 692 square feet. The concrete-based structure will also have a cellar and a 30-foot-long rear yard.

Ismael Leyva Architects is listed as the architect of record.

Demolition permits have not been filed as of yet. An estimated completion date has not been announced.

3 Likes

I was wondering what would be going in here.

These old buildings were under demolition when I passed by on June 21.

Also, the thread below needs to be merged into this one:

1 Like

Thanks. Merged.

1 Like

With 200 East 34th Street expected to start construction soon, we could be seeing two large buildings going up at the same time across the road from each other at the same Midtown intersection.

2 Likes
1 Like

It sucks Dick Cheney to lose those old buildings. If they were polished up a bit, they would have been quite nice.

Like these…

2 Likes

Indeed, though I’d like to see the fire escapes removed.

Did this job bid yet?

1 Like

No boring, wouldn’t be NYC without them lol.

1 Like

I don’t know sorry.

Saturday

3 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/first-look-lalezarian039s-new-mixed-use-tower-underway-509-third-avenue/44824

5 Likes

Hopefully, the remaining POS on the corner will have to come down.

earlier today, via Twitter

1 Like

Looks like they cleared the collapsed building and left the last one standing with braces now. They were back to work at the site today.

1 Like

Yesterday

2 Likes