NEW YORK | 5 WTC (130 Liberty St) | 920 FT | FLOORS

it will be built a some point, but ya we have no idea when and what it will be. But there is no way this prime real estate lays dormant forever.

2 Likes

There’s zero chance of this tower not happening. The Port Authority already has the land sale budgeted. But it won’t be sold until the infrastructure work is complete on this block.

2 Likes

HEY GUYS!!
Check this news! I wonder if it’s correct! And I hope it is! Because…

"BIG replaced Foster & Parters last year, although reports last month suggested developer Larry Silverstein could still switch back to the original architect.

SOM’s 1 and 7 WTC are already open, as is Fumihiko Maki’s 4 WTC.

KPF’s 5 WTC is on hold and there is no 6 WTC.

Santiago Calatrava’s transit hub opened earlier this year and the performing arts centre, on which REX replaced Frank Gehry, is scheduled for a 2019 opening."

Holy Towers, finally a news that say about the 5WTC and the Performing Arts Center at least!
What do you all think about it?

3 Likes

This is an enormous site for residential!

I doubt that they’d build anything with a roof height higher than 1 WTC’s. Since there would be so many air rights, It would be great to see twin towers in the 1,200 foot range!

See Crain’s latest edition. There are no concrete plans yet, but very tall towers clearly will rise here.

3 Likes

From @mchlanglo793’s Instagram
The tower looks to be around 43 floors at 600 feet tall

7 Likes

And here’s the graphic if it was flat

Click for full image

6 Likes

looks decent, wish we’d get something as tall as 1 wtc though

3 Likes

4 Likes

It honestly looks like a slightly twisted chopped off One WTC.

4 Likes
4 Likes

The PA obviously does not need money.

2 Likes

Sorry, but don’t expect this to rise anytime within the next 10 years.

2 Likes

Well then…looks like 5 WTC may FINALLY be coming sooner rather than later…

“Two state agencies that had been embroiled in a yearslong impasse over how to develop the last site at the World Trade Center appear to have resolved their differences and are planning to bring the parcel to market.

The Port Authority and the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. have reached a deal to release a request for proposals in the coming months for 5 World Trade Center, several people involved or familiar with the negotiations between the agencies told Crain’s.”

10 Likes

My God.

New York! America!!

5 Likes

Excellent news. Slap a ‘6 WTC’ on the PAC and we will finally have a 1-7 WTC again.

5 Likes

I guess we should start placing bets on what will rise quicker: 5 or 2 WTC.

2 Likes

easy bet. The PA is still involved with 5 WTC, and the site is kinda cursed.

1 Like

How easy? I have no clue. But let’s hope this is in the 600-800 foot range

1 Like

It should be shorter than 4, What’s the step down from 3 to 4?

1 Like

I wonder if they make it mixed use, it could probally yield a super tall easily.

3 Likes