NEW YORK | 415 Madison Avenue | 605 FT | 40 FLOORS

342k sf has to be a typo. That tower must be at least 600k sf

2 Likes

Per Yimby:

The proposed 605-foot-tall development will yield 285,606 square feet designated for commercial space

I don’t know what’s up with the inconsistencies

Who knows.

The base is beautiful, but I wish this had a crown.

3 Likes

I modeled this building and the 342,000 sqft figure is correct and somewhat incorrect at the same time as it includes the terraces, and floor area outside of the envelope, which are not included in floor area calculating purposes. The gross floor area is approximately 334,755 sqft, the figure from the YIMBY article is most likely reflective of the zoning floor area which does not include mechanical and core area.

3 Likes

Building is nice but boring and way too small. The underground transit upgrades are awesome though.

4 Likes

6 Likes

“Mr. Gorbachev: Tear down this [garbage]!”

The design of the first sixteen floors is very nice. The tower would have been amazing if it had a crown. Que sera.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Mr. Gorbachev…

3 Likes

Looks like a few more floors have come down.

8 Likes

1 Like

Somehow it feels like the old 270 Park came down faster (even though it didn’t in reality!)

1 Like

I’m elated to see this PoS come down, but it’s thoroughly disappointing that the vile piece of Gahenna on the corner won’t come down too.

NuccoGato

6 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

It’s a shame that the heinous PoS next door isn’t coming down.

6 Likes

I think it’s mostly gone

5 Likes

I wonder if Rudin will boys on spec. Same for BP down the street.

Buildings of this size (mostly 500,000 sqft and under) are normally always built on spec unless a developer explicitly already has potential tenants who would otherwise pay for construction and or their own design. Otherwise they just build the building hoping it will fill.

It’s different but also the same in a way for bigger buildings that either have an single anchor tenant, are a capital project, or are have multiple tenants waiting in line.

1 Like