NEW YORK | 360 10th Avenue | ? FT | ? FLOORS

maybe they, you know, asked?

3 Likes

I find that very hard to believe since a lot of other information has been speculative of the author(s) in some other articles (and it very clear that itā€™s speculative or just based off old information).

If they did ask, Iā€™ll take a step back.

2 Likes

I say let the speculation, and inaccuracies flyā€¦ :star_struck:

In courts of law there are civil cases, and criminal cases: each with different ā€˜standards of evidenceā€™ to meet the legal burden of proof. The civil cases accept clear and convincing proof, or a preponderance of evidence. Criminal cases have a higher legal burden of proof know as ā€œbeyond a reasonable doubtā€.

In the world of public internet forums I do not believe any of the above ā€˜standards of evidenceā€™ applies. Inaccuracies, speculation, misleading information, errors, and absurd statements and wild guesses are all welcome IMHO.

However, I may be wrong. The YIMBY mods will be the final judges on that matter.

A forum is a different platform than its counterpart news site sharing information, they are not comparable. Im talking about YIMBY articles, not the forumā€¦ the mods dont have any control over the articles because they are 2 separate entities.

1 Like

ā€ž 360 Tenth Avenue is a one-million-square-foot Class A office tower strategically located between two of the most recent and successful large-scale development projects in New York City: Hudson Yards and Manhattan West. It will directly connect to the expanded High Line greenway and the new Moynihan Train Hall in Pennsylvania Station.

The project is undergoing design iterations as a state-of-the-art LEED platinum office building with the latest environmental, health and safety components for optimum user performance and wellness. Pre-leasing activities are expected to launch in 1Q23, with construction to commence in 2024.ā€œ

360 Tenth Avenue - McCourt Partners

15 Likes

Is this a real proposal or a case study? Somehow hadnā€™t seen it before.

I believe the overall proposal for anything at 360 10th Ave is real, but whether that is the actual design is currently unknown since it seems McCourt is still going through design iterations. Theyā€™re definitely not case studies. :+1: Theyā€™d be considered more case studies if a firm was working with a different client or was working on their own for an exercise but in this instance it does seem like McCourt hired SOM to design a new building for the site.

Whether anything arises from this is still questionable though since McCourt has own the site for some time now and has proposed a number of different things, each of which never came about.

2 Likes

A follow up on this project, Iā€™ve just realized somethingā€¦

YIMBY reported that the recent design/scheme that McCourt shared was designed by SOM, this is false and I am extremely unaware of where they got that information from since no one had mentioned previous to the release of the article that it was by SOM.

The design is in fact being worked on by SHoP in collaboration with McCourt and this is evident through a 2018 6sqft article that shared an extremely large number of design iteration models for the 360 10th Ave site, the scheme that was shared by McCourt being evident 3rd from the left on the front row. That is why the tower has a likeness to 111 W 57th St. SHoP has been working with McCourt on the project since 2014, which TheRealDeal reported on then.

Could it have been a mistake? Maybe, but a number of other articles since the initial article was published have now given credit to SOM and I think the actual architect working on the project, which is SHoP, deserves the proper credit.

10 Likes

Great find! Itā€™s amazing to me the sheer amount of design iterations that are produced for a single site, at least from outside the architecture industry!

4 Likes