NEW YORK | 292-294 5th Ave | 206 FT | 20 FLOORS

Good find, Yim. It looks acceptable.

Today. Seems like they are doing about 2 floors/week which is pretty fast.

1 Like

I hope that this turns out ok. If it does, it’s a shame that they didn’t acquire the filthy piece of garbage on the corner.

Yesterday

4 Likes

Great photos, JC.

1 Like

3 Likes

If a god exists, I pray that this turns out acceptably and not as a heinous PoS. I’m not expecting quality, but I sincerely hope to avoid garbage.

1 Like

Sam Chang snaps up $76M construction loan for NoMad hotel

Sam Chang’s McSam Hotel Group has secured a $76 million construction loan to top off a Nomad hotel.

The loan, provided by S3 Capital Partners, an arm of Spruce Capital Partners, will ensure Chang’s future 88,000-square-foot hotel at will reach completion, the lender said. The 21-story building will consist of about 180 hotel rooms, along with 17 apartments on the upper four floors, according to filings with the city’s Department of Buildings. Gene Kaufman is designing the project.

Chang bought the site from fellow hotelier Richard Born for [$42.5 million] in December 2016. The following year, he spoke of plans for a “4-and-a-half star hotel” anchored by an upscale hotel brand.

1 Like

Today

Looks like about 5 more floors to go.

2 Likes

This one is topped out. I feel like it looks better now than it will when it is completed. That’s how bad Kaufman is.

From today

1 Like

2 Likes

Kaufman’s magnum opus lol

6 Likes

there’re no crazy setback,
the masonry work seems okay
what’s next, no exposed a/c vents?

can somebody check if hell has frozen over??

2 Likes

Today

5 Likes

Can someone post an update?

Still under netting so it is hard to see how bad it will look. The brick looks to be that bland off white color. Yuck.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Yesterday

4 Likes

looks exactly the same as it did five months ago (except scaffolding was removed from in front of 286 Fifth Avenue, which now has its ground floor boarded up)

2 Likes
2 Likes