NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

@garyhershorn
Wow. Just wow. I can’t wait to see it again

19 Likes

Well, if I go to NY next year in May or early June next year. Let’s see what construction progress I see then.

2 Likes

I dont think thered be much, the building I believe would essentially look completed from the outside or be nearing so.

3 Likes

The silhouette of this when completed in the sunset will look incredible!

7 Likes

They started on the 7th row of cladding yesterday, back at it this morning.

23 Likes

Public Player

22 Likes

22 Likes

From NYguy at SSP - plenty more there

29 Likes

Nice! Glad to see the crossbracing cladding going up so soon instead of later, maybe we’ll see the top band of the tabletop cladding go on eventually/soon as well.

Another thing I can’t wait for is when the building will get it’s first cleaning, the recent 7th band of cladding already shows how dirty the rest of the cladding is, and it will only get dirtier as the building progresses. I love when the gap left by the construction elevators is zipped up because it shows how grimy the rest of the facade is.

7 Likes

Sweet detail: how they aligned the grid to the odd shape of each opening.

12 Likes

This whole building screams quality. I suppose being a trophy tower for a single corporation helps with that.

10 Likes

I noticed the glass appears to have a brownish tint to it, especially in that 2nd to last image. The attention to detail on this tower is incredible.

4 Likes

It seems more like a yellow tint, possibly to have the metal highlights reflect and take in that light and make the metal also look more yellow…like in the renderings. The tint reminds me of the PECO Building in Philly, at the right time and angles, the glass turns into an eye catching yellow gold shade. Glad to see that happening on a modern tower now

4 Likes

This tower is an apropos symbol of JP Morgan’s utter dominance.

P.S.: There is no reason for anyone to freak out, proclaim indignantly that this has nothing to do with the tower, and ask Mackenson to delete it. If JPMC weren’t so dominant, this palace would not be rising. What other bank has a HQ as lavish as this?

5 Likes

16 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CshPfelOQG3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsXhl3NueFW/

18 Likes

Gorgeous

Cranes are breaking the horizon line from the ESB webcam.

12 Likes

And they should be jumping soon. Then they will stick out more

5 Likes

They look like they’re almost as tall as One Vanderbilt

1 Like