Hi, I’m new to the whole YIMBY movement, I have been looking around for mid Hudson news but I haven’t found anything yet. I want to start a formum for mid Hudson so we can make some changes up here. I think it has potential but it has not been taped. Please link update articles, projects, news or anything else. Or if there is a channel for mid Hudson please let me know. I would love to start an official forum for it.
Welcome!! There’s a Kingston thread here:
But is that too far north to be Mid-Hudson? And we don’t have any threads for general happenings in the New York counties like we do for Connecticut and New Jersey. It might be easier to turn the Kingston thread into West of Hudson (Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, and Orange Counties) and use this thread for East of Hudson (Dutchess, Putnam and general Westchester) if that works for you. If you have better ideas, please share…
This website isnt really about yimby activism, though there is some rare posting about that in some update threads. This is more of a construction watching site.
I would suggest you look into Open New York for a NY yimby organization, though im not sure it covers all the way to the mid hudson valley.
If it doesnt, YIMBY Action and Welcoming Neighbors Network are two national yimby orgs that could help you find or found a suitable yimby chapter for your area.