LOS ANGELES | Angels Landing | 852 + 542 FT | 64 + 46 FLOORS

I’ve seen 960 ft and 1000 ft being tossed around as the height of the taller tower. With 88 floors being touted, I would imagine the 1000 ft figure is more likely.

rendering posted on SSC:

18 Likes

HOLY MACKEREL
That base is quite something.
Are these 2 towers? I see a skybridge! I am confused by the whole architecture of this project, the first render doesn’t do it justice I think

2 Likes

You can see the two towers clearly in the last render. The second one is much smaller, in front, and to the left.

“…project is imagined with two towers - a 24-story edifice at 4th and Olive Streets and a sleek 88-story structure fronting Hill.”

in business with the city

The larger building, which the Los Angeles Times reports could rise to 1,020 feet in height, would rank among the city’s tallest buildings - surpassing both the Wilshire Grand and the U.S. Bank Tower in terms of roof height.

Construction of the Angels Landing development is expected to occur over approximately 41 months, with completion expected in 2024.

6 Likes

sadly the taller tower took a height chop. But Downtown LA continues to add density.

6 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-28/la-greenlights-1-6-billion-downtown-project-in-bet-on-recovery

New tower coming to L.A.

3 Likes

“developers still need to secure financing”

for Los Angeles, that could be a task. So we’ll see

The height is meh, but the building looks nice, if a bit plain. Good to see LA’s downtown expanding, getting bigger and taller.

4 Likes

Five Questions with Don Peebles

BY MICHAEL AUSHENKER
AUGUST 29, 2022

Quote:
Where is Angels Landing now in its development timeline?

We just got the entitlements in May. We are finishing up some documents with the city in regards to the sale of the site. We are going through the hotel incentive agreement with the city now. We are now beginning our next phase of the project, which is really the design and development.

We’ll begin on construction documents so we can get the building ready to construct. That’ll take us another 18 months or so to get the building permitted. From there, we’re going to go forward and build it and get it open hopefully before the 2028 Olympics.

Very nice!!!