TORONTO l FORMA l 1001 + 902 FT l 92 + 82 FLOORS

Recently approved in Toronto:

fire1|690x415

7 Likes

this has been on the boards for a long while. Is it 100% a done deal for construction?

1 Like

Yep. There were a few appeals which were lagging the approval decision, but the project was given the green light:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onomb/doc/2017/2017canlii49738/2017canlii49738.html

2 Likes

Really glad to see some exciting, imaginative condo projects in Toronto. I think this design is actually a scaled down version of their original plan.

2 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Looks like there’s gonna be some beautiful supertalls rising in Toronto! I cannot wait!

1 Like

Toronto is getting supertalls after all, those remind me of enhanced versions of Beekman Tower

3 Likes

Good eye because it’s the same architect. Gehry also designed beekman tower.

2 Likes

According to the new site plan document submitted on August 14, the tallest tower is now 1001 feet (305m – up from 304m). A bunch of other architectural & landscape design elements have been updated – an incremental step, but also an indication that this project is inching its way to reality.
Here is the link to the development application: Application Information Centre – City of Toronto

1 Like

The developer (Great Gulf) has been contracted.
Marketing will start soon, and will hopefully break ground shortly after.

2 Likes

New Renderings

King Street West

8 Likes

These will be beautiful, but I think Gehry’s original design was even better.

4 Likes

Of course it was. It was cool. It wasn’t yet another set of stacked box buildings.

1 Like

I think these designs are still nice but those original designs were fresking awesome.

2 Likes

Per Maldive:

1 Like

It looks really nice. I love the texture on this building

Per Maldive:

Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners l sales

The model of the shorter 73 storey east tower arrives in town (presumably at the sales centre(?).

AlbertC

Screen shot of the ‘crinkled’ stainless steel cladding (from this Forma video).

1 Like

Under construction

Pic by citylights Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners | Page 481 | UrbanToronto

The boom in Toronto continues, this should be the third skyscraper over 300 meters high that is currently under construction.

5 Likes