SECAUCUS - Waterside at XChange | FT | 25 FLOORS

Looks like Secaucus will be getting a high rise by the train station. It’s part of the Xchange at Secaucus development and the developer just got approval for a variance permitting to build over 15 floors.

7 Likes

Great news. Also glad that silly protest failed.

:beers:

2 Likes

Found this on their yelp page for the Xchange (https://www.yelp.com/biz/xchange-at-secaucus-junction-secaucus-2). Apparently they are piling, which is causing noise for some of the residents. Photo courtesy of Brenna K on Yelp:

8 Likes

Excellent.

2 Likes

sharing a video that shows the vertical progress…

7 Likes

is that this building?

25-story tower in the Meadowlands gets green light - nj.com.

5 Likes

Yes it is.hopefully there’s more transit oriented developments to come around this train station.

5 Likes

I was driving on the New Jersey Turnpike last weekend and saw that this high-rise is probably about 20 stories up in the air, likely close to topping out. I could see it clearly across the Hackensack River, but I didn’t take a photo as I was behind the wheel. This building is on Brianna Lane in Secaucus, and its residents will soon be enjoying sweeping views of the Meadowlands.

2 Likes

You can see the building in its current state in the first part of this video:

3 Likes
4 Likes

If the rental demand turns out to be strong then hopefully we an see some more conversion of industrial space to residential in this transit friendly area. Its probably the most convenient train station in NJ (easy access to Manhattan, trains to Hoboken, or trains to Newark and further down south) so it makes sense to have it surrounded by commuters as opposed to warehouse purposes.

3 Likes

Right. This is probably the most transit-oriented suburban geography in the whole tri-state metro. It should be full of dense, highrise residential. That’s absolutely the highest and best use.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Photos by Michael Young

3 Likes

location, location… location?

1 Like

that is a new building?? lol looks straight out of the 80s

5 Likes