PHILADELPHIA | Honickman Center | 372 FT | 19 FLOORS

At Jefferson we are always thinking about the patient and how to improve your access to care. Our facility will be centrally located in Center City Philadelphia, within easy walking distance to Jefferson Station (SEPTA and PATCO rail systems) and numerous bus routes. The building will be served by a large canopy along Clover Street for patient drop-off with a valet option. The facility will include 300-plus underground parking spaces for the convenience of those who drive. Patients arriving to the building by car will be met by a valet attendant who will assist the patients and caregivers as they exit the car, at the ready with wheelchairs or other mobility assistive devices.

Once you arrive at the Specialty Care Pavilion, you’ll know you’re somewhere special. Everything you need for high quality Jefferson healthcare, from diagnosis and treatment to after-care instruction, is right there under one roof. Our consolidated services put patients and families first by making it easy to get all the care you need in one place, which is safe, comfortable, and focused completely on you.

The Specialty Care Pavilion will be the third-tallest building east of Broad Street and is at the epicenter of a more than $1 billion urban development project in East Market. This facility will transform the Center City skyline and cement Jefferson’s commitment to our patients in the Philadelphia region.

Camera:

Go to location

3 Likes

The taller office tower is fully leased by Jefferson, while the shorter tower will be residential and will feature 396 units. There will be ground floor retail on this project, like the first phases. I really hope Jefferson doesn’t paste their logo on the top of the building though, because I personally think that always makes these towers look more low quality.

The angle from the construction cam

Panorama Construction cam

5 Likes

Off topic question, but does anyone know what the crane I have circled on the picture is for?

3 Likes

Demolition for the original building is almost complete. There is only a very small piece of the building left. Shouldn’t be long now until we see them start digging foundations, and before we know it, the cores will start rising. I hope both towers rise at the same time so there are two tower cranes and cores side by side.

3 Likes

Jefferson Health
Groundbreaking this Fall

2 Likes

New article and more renders:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2020/09/10/jefferson-outpatient-pavilion-center-city-762m.html

5 Likes

Not very exciting.

1 Like

Some pictures of a model of the Jefferson Tower from fwa_architectural_models Instagram:

5 Likes

I like this!!

2 Likes

I agree. This tower is going to turn out better than I expected. My only problem with it, though, is, as I have mentioned before, I don’t like that the logo will be on the building. It will appear as if it’s a billboard. It won’t be highly visible at least. The only new building where I like the company name on it is the FMC tower. It’s a minor complaint, though, I’m excited to see this built!

2 Likes

Somewhat old news now, but the site where the future residential tower will go is going to be a park now. The residential tower is currently postponed, most likely because the developer is just trying to see how the economy turns out. For now, though, the Jefferson Tower’s construction is underway!

1 Like

Seems like a waste to make a temporary park, but I guess that’s a way to use the space

1 Like
1 Like

@jeffersonhealth

7 Likes

The crane for the Jefferson building will be erected later this month, according to ironhead401 on SSP

1 Like

Yay! Since it seems residential development is still doing fine, I’m hoping that the other tower gets started soon as well.

2 Likes
2 Likes

From Tony Tone on Skyscraperpage. The tower crane is going up!

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-HcTmZjIm9/?igshid=198h265z5io40

This model shows the temporary park

4 Likes

Little disappointing, hoping they stick to the temporary idea, I would like to see that building rise, the red cladding will look amazing