Architect: Cecil Baker + Partners
Developer: Dranoff Properties and SBE
Neighborhood: Avenue of the Arts
District: Center City
Floors: 28 floors
Height: 361 feet

Broad + Pine via Dranoff Properties

11 Likes

It’s a good tower, I hope that this is the design that they decide to go with. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait for Arthaus to move along before construction can start on this. This will really help solidify the skyline’s southern growth

3 Likes
1 Like

CECIL BAKER & PARTNERS

5 Likes

The Arthaus Market and Sales VP said that Dranoff has no idea what’s going on with this project. However I believe that’s just a cover up as Dranoff is competent with developments, especially in an area where one of his properties were built and the one currently under construction

1 Like

I have to say, I was a huge fan of the old design… up the new one is goo as well, looks like something you see in New York. Hope it moves forward now

https://phillyyimby.com/2021/02/broad-and-pine-gets-the-go-ahead-with-an-updated-design-in-center-city.html

3 Likes

^That image is from 2017

Here’s an update from the Philadelphia Business Journal

“As Arthaus progresses and its target completion expected a year from now, Dranoff has begun to look at his next project, which will rise at the corner of Broad and Pine streets. While hesitant to divulge too many details, Dranoff said it will be a boutique building that will stand 14 to 15 stories and add to the growing number of residential buildings along South Broad. The project could get underway next year.”

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

there is a new rendering?

what is being built here?

Look at the document above my recent post

1 Like

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2022/12/20/carl-dranoff-broad-pine-apartments.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_8&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

Dranoff nears construction on latest South Broad project, under contract for another development site

"Dranoff Properties expects to secure permits for its planned 14-story, 91-apartment building in Center City within the next two months, in a move partly to protect the sight lines of two of the firm’s other nearby developments.

Construction on the property, located on the northeast corner of South Broad and Pine streets, could then begin in 2023 and be completed in 2025, Dranoff Properties CEO Carl Dranoff told the Business Journal.

Developing a 14-story building so near to other projects was a defensive move, Dranoff said. Part of the goal is to protect the views for Arthaus and Symphony House, which soar many stories higher than this one would.

The smaller building is also being designed to have a more intimate feel and to blend in with existing buildings on Pine Street. It will use masonry materials like brick and stone.

Ninety percent of the apartments will have two bedrooms and the rest will be a mix of one- and three-bedroom offerings. A ground floor restaurant is also being planned for the new building, as is a rooftop lounge, garden, club room, fitness center and grilling station.

In addition to this latest project, the company is also planning a future development on the northwest corner of Broad and Carpenter streets at the site of a former McDonald’s that has been demolished and sits vacant. It sits on the same intersection as a Sprouts Farmers Market. The site — 912 S. Broad St. is owned by McDonald’s Corp. and 914-24 S. Broad St. is owned by the Herskowitz family — is under contract. Dranoff plans to develop the property as part of a joint venture with the Herskowitz family."

The original design looked great.
The new design is so hideous. I hate it.

1 Like