PHILADELPHIA | 210S12 (210 South 12th Street) | 398 FT | 32 FLOORS

204 S 12th Street will bring 448 new apartment units to the site of the former 12th St Gym. The project will feature three levels of underground parking. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact height of the building at this time, though I’ll update the title of the thread as soon as I gain knowledge of those numbers. Demolition is planned for the third and fourth quarters of 2020. Construction will start in quarter two of 2021 and is said to last around 31 months. Overall, the design for the tower is okay, but I’m not sure what’s happening at the top. Sorry for the low resolution.

I will update this post as I learn more about it.

8 Likes

Well, it’s a pretty good building to fill into the skyline. The cladding makes it fit in with the specific area it’s in. I just hope it doesn’t block City Hall from my NJ spots, though it seems pretty thin

2 Likes

looks like a Richard Rogers.

1 Like

The building is very thin. I’m honestly not sure how they are going to fit 448 units I three.

1 Like

Apparently the article forgot to mention that the architects are BLT Architects as well as Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners

5 Likes

Huh. Somehow the design looks kind of bland and dated to me. And it very much looks commercial, not residential.

But it’s a great location for that kind of density. There’s all kinds of retail and dining within walking distance, not to mention pretty much every transit line in the city.

1 Like

This and Arthaus brings mass to a new area, that’s one thing I like. However, I hate how this new building will actually block City Hall from this view

2 Likes

5 Likes

ezgif-2-809033bea6

The site is active again

4 Likes
2 Likes

Tower crane erected

4 Likes

This has a very deep basement. And… wow, that tower crane is just comically large in that context; the tip of it can reach Walnut St, and almost to Locust St.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The core is rising above street level.

[edit:] added the view from Camac St:

5 Likes

Making progress.

1 Like

Market East from the Walt Whitman Bridge by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Market East from Citizens Bank Park by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Core popping out in the skyline from certain spots

This one is quickly gaining some real height.

1 Like

You can also see this tower at Broad and Locust. Shocked me when I saw it from there earlier this month

PHL10 on SSP
From Broad and Locust
Philadelphia skyline by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr
On the right

1 Like