PHILADELPHIA | 1001 S Broad St | 180 FT | 15 FLOORS

3 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, this project might be back to life

3 Likes

According to this Inquirer article, this project will now be 14 floors. To be honest, I think this height will look better for this location and I am just happy to see developers actually talking about the sight, meaning that it could hopefully start moving forward.

1 Like

A new design proposal for this project has been proposed. It will now be 15 floors.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEbmb_5jcNA/?igshid=1nytbmdxe1151

5 Likes

Huh. I don’t hate it.

There’s still too much parking, but they’ve integrated it into the design fairly well.

The green parts seem incongruous to me. They could be attractive accents if they were terra cotta, but I have no doubt they’ll use cheap metal panels instead. That’s the “back” of the property, though.

1 Like

I agree. I’m not a huge fan of the green color.

Also, I forgot to mention the new stats of the project:

The new unit count will be 1,111 units, which will (surprisingly) be up from the former amount of 1,040.

It will include 417 parking spaces, which will be down from the original projection of 670.

As I stated before, the new height will be 15 floors, while the former pros also called for 34.

Overall, I feel that the new design is much better and much more realistic than the old one. I am happy that the unit number went up and also that the parking went down. My guess is, most people will probably take the BSL to Center City, and so there was not as big of a need for an excessive amount of parking spaces. Te Ellsworth Federal Station could be seeing a bug bump in ridership from this development and the man6 other developments proved or under construction on Washington Avenue.

1 Like

A cdr file is up for this project as well! I’m going to attach my favorite rendering and the rest are in the link below.
Click Here For The File

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

The smoke is back in Philly. - :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Photo by Jamie Meller

1 Like