Newark Airport Terminal One Replacement

https://www.ewrredevelopment.com/

Not sure why this is off the forum, but it has been a program of record for around 10 years now.

Quite far into construction too from Google Earth photos

8 Likes

https://public.earthcam.net/ewrredevelopment/ewr_redevelopment/north_camera/archive

4 Likes

Thanks for creating the thread. I was actually searching on here the other day to see if it was being watched by the forum. This article is only a few weeks old with a ton of pics

7 Likes

I worked on this project for a while when it was still in proposal stages back in 2009. I got assigned to a different project in Abu Dhabi and continued to move on to different projects and countries eventually so I completely forgot about it until recently. It’s nice to see the progress. It looks almost exactly the same too from what I can remember except for maybe the monorail.

3 Likes

What line of work are you in?

1 Like

Civil engineer by trade, but pretty much a PM by practice now.

1 Like

Very cool. Always interesting to hear about people’s backgrounds on this forum

1 Like

Yeah for sure. I went to SIT in Hoboken so I tracked a lot of the stuff on the forum in real time especially Hudson Yards. Worked for the PA for a while as well. Glad to see there is a community dedicated to public improvement.

5 Likes

Some great photos of the construction site

6 Likes
6 Likes

This was a great update. I was wondering if any plans had changed due to the pandemic. Also, good to see the estimated completion date.

The technology (like e-gates) is going to bring this airport into the 21st century. I’m always so jealous when I see videos of people at newer airports like Dubai or HK. Now Newark will be a first class global airport. I can’t wait to fly out of there!

1 Like

Terminal 2 is next. The PA has plans for a new Terminal 2 at Newark.

And Terminal 3 is quite nice and doesn’t need replacement. So Newark will be a very nice airport in the coming years.

5 Likes