NEW YORK | TSX Broadway | 580 FT | 46 FLOORS (Renovation)

Most of the latest renders that include the lighting scheme show an interactive use of the lights with multiple colors as they are also meant to be used as an interactive display. Only one render shows a mostly solid cyan color, that doesn’t mean or imply that the lighting will regularly be on straight cyan.

@5Bfilms lol I am not in that conversation :laughing:

3 Likes

From 5.8.23:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

17 Likes

Walked past the ground floor this morning. Still a total mess inside so I guess they were telling the truth when they said it won’t be ready until Nov 1. At least it will be open by New Year’s!

3 Likes

Looks like they made some progress on the podium. They just lowered some of the scaffolding.

Yep, compared to the last screenshot of the live feed I took in Sept '22, the previous construction sidewalk shed has now just been turned into a normal sidewalk shed. The storefront face of the building is now clearly visible. On another note, I just noticed that 1540 Broadway got a new LED screen that spans the full width of its face. Nice!

I guess I really havent been to TS in that long of a time since April.

9 Likes

They turned on the light show finally! They’re changing solid colors like the same design as Harrah’s Atlantic City.

3 Likes

Post Malone just had the first concert here.

It had quite the turn out too.

4 Likes

Pics by me. Taken today.

Bonus shot:

8 Likes

@chris08876 nice pictures.

To me the TSX LED screen doesn’t appear as “smooth” as I had expected. In pictures and videos I keep noticing lines, presumably from panels that make up the screen. I’m not referring to the podium doors by the way. The screen on the building across the street (Edition hotel?) with all the Hershey advertising (not visible in these images) appears much smoother to me. Would be interested in your and other people’s thoughts on this.

1 Like

In a photo like the one above, it’s the direct reflection of the sun that is highlighting the panels and seams. That is always going to be unflattering on any LED matrix display. Get the right time of day / time of year / angle, and I’ll bet you’d see the same thing on any screen in Times Square. Of course that depends on the direction the screen faces. Unfortunately, the placement of this one means a lot of people will photograph it from this angle, which will get this effect most afternoons. It will look better in the morning and of course at night. The one across the street probably looks the same in the morning, but who’s in Times Square in the morning?

3 Likes

They moved past solid colors. Now, they’re doing full designs.

Can anyone get a picture of that?

1 Like

I can pass by on Sunday, otherwise it’s too hot today and tomorrow.

1 Like

Some clips of last week’s design in the first few minutes of this video.

2 Likes

Lol, I am never going back to TS :+1:

It’s giving topography and weather maps

8 Likes

At night

7 Likes

6 Likes

The Tempo By Hilton portion of the building opened to its first guests on Wednesday. It has some fairly nice interior design. I believe that the Podium and TSX retail related portion is opening in November.

2 Likes

14 Likes