NEW YORK | TSX Broadway | 580 FT | 46 FLOORS (Renovation)

7 Likes

11 Likes

Per NYguy:

APRIL 23, 2022

6 Likes

Notice that one high angle rendering looking down to the ground includes led lights along each floor of the curve, which totally looks different from the sparkly blue lighting

3 Likes
6 Likes

Here’s what the layout of LED lights looks like, and like you noticed there are LED lights along each floor of the curve.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca7xg4DA7xH/

8 Likes

Nice! Looks good honestly

1 Like

I can’t wait for the ultimate evolution of this, the entire side (or all sides) of a building being a board. Would look pretty great from the outside.

1 Like

I wonder if there’s any chance that this piece of junk will be razed and redeveloped.

5 Things To Know for March 9 (costar.com)

By Bryan Wroten
Hotel News Now

March 9, 2022 | 10:39 AM

Editor’s Note: Some linked articles may be behind subscription paywalls.

1. MCR Acquires Sheraton New York Times Square for $356 Million

MCR has acquired the 1,780-room Sheraton New York Times Square for $356 million from Host Hotels & Resorts, the Real Deal reports, citing data from Green Street. The property last sold in 2006 for $738 million.

Host tried to sell the hotel in 2018 through Eastdill Secured for $550 million, but the real estate investment trust later stated the fair market value of the hotel dropped to $495 million, the article states.

MCR has been an active buyer over the past two years. It acquired the Royalton Hotel for $40.8 million in 2020 and was part of the joint venture that bought the Lexington Hotel in 2021 for $185 million.

4 Likes

Delete

New-York City by Fla(v)ie, on Flickr

6 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder when a new development like this in Times Square will wrap the entire building in a LED screen?

2 Likes

I like that vision! There is a limit to how much square footage of signage a building can have in Times Square, but I’m sure there are ways around that. I can see a Times Square building having an LED display like Resorts World Las Vegas where you can still see out of the windows but there is a massive display on the outside.

3 Likes

The supporting structure for the rap-around LED screen has begun to take shape on the side facing Times Square/ 7th Ave. It will be really nice to see how this screen and the screen next door on the Edition Hotel interact with each other.

On the upper left, by EarthCam

10 Likes

This project is going to be an amazing addition to Times Square.

3 Likes

I’ve been obsessed with these billboards for at least a decade

5 Likes

Credit: JohanCruyff

10 Likes

Credit: The Dronalist

9 Likes

Earlier today

15 Likes