NEW YORK | One High Line | 76 11th Ave | 400 + 300 FT | 28 & 38 FLOORS

I may be in the minority, but I like this design. I think it manages a nice balance of a bold, unique shape, while staying classy and clean. I’ll take anything that’s not another rectangular box, but I think this one could turn out to be very well-done.

5 Likes

That’s what it is. It looks truncated. I was thinking the other night this form would look better if it was taller.

2 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

pics by Michael Lee on flickr

12 Likes

Happy cake day @Mackensen !!!

5 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And how old are we?

1 Like

A year since 2019​:smiley::smiley:.
I’ve been following the forum since 2015 as a silent observer.

4 Likes

It seems like the cladding has been going on forever

2 Likes
3 Likes

2 World Trade Center will be finished before this.

6 Likes

So much has changed since these towers started going up. People are going to think long and hard about living right next to a housing project.

3 Likes

Why does the choice of cladding material irk me: I am usually very accepting and positive on the aesthetics of Architectural designs.

I think because I know marble is quite a costly material, the stone slabs require an intricate installation method to affix the 3/4" slabs (also costly & time consuming): all for a curtain wall with the subtle look and texture of ‘travertine’ which is barely noticeable above about 30 feet from the curb.

Travertine is a popular choice for large commercial interior floors and walls: subtle veins, mottled textures, slight color gradations, and lots of small pores/pock marks that makes this an attractive choice for interior floors/walls.

BIG ‘always’ does beautiful Architecture IMHO: but this material selection seems to me like one really BIG blunder.

3 Likes

8 Likes

HaHa… LOOK, it is XI in the flesh…PING!

Actually quite funny; that description does fit his face perfectly.

An inscrutable ‘facade’ of another sort. :wink:

5 Likes

Oh hey that’s Winnie the Pooh! :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m so rumbly in my tumbly

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCrJEfxpk-z/

8 Likes

careful,
your social credit score just went down 200 points

8 Likes

:grimacing: uh oh