NEW YORK | The Spiral (66 Hudson Blvd) | 1,040 FT | 66 FLOORS

I imagined a slide whistle watching that gif

2 Likes

Tom that’s great!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Tom, what are your future plans? You should either become an architect or work for a firm! I can totally see a “Koloski” designed tower in NYC.

3 Likes

That was the plan, but then I realized how much schooling and math that had to be required to be an architect. I hate both, my 2nd high school made me realize how much of a failure the modern school system is and I have no doubts it’s like that in schools after high school. While that might seem unfortunate for you guys, I have found my hobby, architectural photography and skyscraper construction documenting. Of course I’ll provide information and visuals on this forum in the future

10 Likes

I’d be excited to hear about a @TK2000 designed tower though. Not gonna lie.

3 Likes

https://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/thomas-koloskis-concepts/3719?u=thomas_koloski

Maybe I’ll make more sketches and life like renders

3 Likes

Please do, I just read through that whole thread and I loved all of your concepts! You’re a better architect than some starchitects lol (lookin’ at you, Vinoly).

6 Likes

Bruh, I was thinking the same. @TK2000 designs are of a higher caliber than several of these these starchitects lol

3 Likes

Well, I had some more hits from the bong so now I can get creative tonight. Perhaps we should get back on topic, but expect something on my forum tonight though

6 Likes

Bjarke Ingels is an avid user of LSD from what I’ve heard. But some of his work, well, its of a spiritual and dimensional vibe.

Thomas Heatherwick must of been on DMT when he designed the Vessel. That’s some higher dimensional stuff right there.

A lot of the architect students at NJIT use to hit the bong before big projects. Suddenly, overnight, inspiration. I know, because I was in the dorms participating back in the day. Oh… the memories.

What school are you looking to go to? Any in mind?

5 Likes

As a graduated archi student at NJIT…a little kick is useful especially before a big review, or so I’ve heard/ seen. Haha. Coffee isn’t always good enough to get us through the night.

2 Likes

I was your neighbor btw. I went to Rutgers Newark but I knew a lot of folks in the Archi Department. Good times up there, in those studios. Half the time, we were playing video games or would go to McGoverns for a drink haha.

Many, many, many good times in these dorms… :slight_smile:

Unspeakable things in these dorms, where time ceased to exist if you know where I mean. Many good ideas were formulated in these dorms.

I was slaving away in the Chemistry Department down the street. Oh the horror lol, within those Brutalism structures.

3 Likes

I went to Newark for 3 semesters before transferring down to New Brunswick. #2commuterschool4me

3 Likes

Somehow I feel like we all ran into each other at one point. Did you take the train by any chance during your commute to Newark?

Whats your major?

2 Likes

Hahaha. Studio life was the best, I’m glad you got to be a part of all the fun! And McGoverns has gone through its renovation, but I miss the old one. The UC… infinite fire alarms and broken elevators. You’re right, it’s very bleak but I think it’s one instance where Brutalism aged well, mostly.

And yes, I’m sure we’ve all run into each other at some point. I’m a commuter as well. But also lived on campus for awhile. We’re off topic here, sorry guys. It’s just nice to reminisce with those who have similar experiences in the same places!

2 Likes

I lived on campus in one of like 3 dorms. I didn’t like how deserted the school felt at times so I transferred. New Brunswick gave me that more “college” (read football games, house parties, etc) experience I was looking for.

I majored in comp sci and IT cuz I’m a double nerd. I do remember the initial reason I went to Newark was its proximity to the city. I would jump on the PATH and go into the city to grab some chicken and rice from the Halal guys back when they only had one cart on 53rd and 6th. That reminds me, I should grab some soon.

4 Likes

13 Likes

I think that he should marry a very rich woman, move to Miami, and drink margaritas at the beach all day.

2 Likes

[url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/52836039@N02/48961539768/in/feed[/url]

15 Likes

17 Likes