NEW YORK | PAC NYC (Performing Arts Center at WTC) | 138 FT

They are removable. Though sometimes they don’t

1 Like

17 Likes

Construction cam

8 Likes

Can you send the link? The camera I used isn’t working

2 Likes

Please tell me that dumb access box isn’t staying there. You can see it from the street. Why on earth would they not tuck it away in the back corner. I swear, as a designer, these “utility” people infuriate me.

1 Like

I’m assuming the access box leads to a stairway so they need to keep it out of the way of the theater space. They will probably face it in the same marble.

4 Likes

https://www.earthcam.net/archives/d27726f9315a3ecc0d8c398ce12cbfbd/2022/03/23/0915.jpg

6 Likes

Looks like they are starting to take apart the hoist.

3 Likes

It would appear they’re prepping the stairs on Fulton street.

6 Likes

Welcome Sea!

1 Like

Today

16 Likes

If you want a current picture, you simply have to change the date in the link.

/2022/03/30 — date

…2022/03/30/…

2 Likes

Also intraday intervals are 45 minutes so you can add ± intervals of 45 to the final part of the URL using 24hr time

2 Likes

Anyone have any ideas of why they decided to make the base black instead of white marble?

Probably to focus the night lighting on the structure on the second floor and up, since the first floor with the steps is made up of thick concrete walls. On the second floor and up, there’s plenty of room for the lighting

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb-9oykrOaE/?utm_medium=copy_link

That black base also helps the cube look like it’s floating. Speaking of… I see the black cladding going up

14 Likes

Not the base cladding, just some waterproofing that has been there a while.

Visible progress on the exterior and roof has come to a slow halt as it seems more focus is being applied inside and around the site, such as the dismantling of the construction elevator/lift, testing of the maintenance lifts, pouring and formwork construction of the north side vsc entrance/sidewalk and interior work. I suspect work will continue on the roof once the construction elevator is fully dismantled, which seems like it could be fully gone by friday.

7 Likes

That beauty dazzles in the sunlight!

2 Likes

In the original renderings there is a large black sculpture near the entrance. Does anyone know if that is going to be real or is it just the artist’s imagination. If it is going to happen then the black base ties into the design perfectly.

1 Like

It seems questionable now as once the base cladding was changed to be black the sculpture disappeared. If some sort of sculpture is still planned we possibly won’t know until the area around the building starts to be paved and if there will be a visible sign of a sculpture base in the pavement.

1 Like