NEW YORK | The Empire State Building | 1250 FT / 380 M | 102 FLOORS

Agreed. Philly has played very well. They deserve some credit. What better place to bestow it than the ESB?

Some people are under the false impression that the building is owned by the State of NY, which it ofcourse is not, are therefore shouldn’t be displaying things unrelated to NYC (and the greater NY State). Empire State Realty Trust is a private investment trust, they are probably getting it confused with Empire State Development Corp, which is a branch of the NY State Gov.

The ESB also posted a comeback on IG, and all the comments were wild, saying the aforementioned stuff I said, and were all comparing it to the Chrysler Building, which doesn’t change colors at all, so their arguments are basically invalid lol. It’s hard to even understand how people are angry at such a frivolous and trivial issue that isn’t even an issue, it’s literally the color of lights.

2 Likes

The comments are satire. “Chrysler and Freedom Tower>>>>>>>ESB. Not funny. You failed. Bla bla” “Very corny thing to do” “(garbage emoji) attention seeking stunt” “take this building down” and one I agree with “I’m confused why people having beef with a building”.

This is great, thank you Empire State Building

1 Like

I agree :+1:

LOL :sweat_smile:

Looks like that someone doesn’t know Philadelphia exists

This shows that even art deco buildings can get criticized and beefed

2 Likes

It’s about civic spirit. We should all be ashamed that we have this attitude of giving lesser cities, and filthadelphia is a lesser city, the benefit of the doubt, which they wouldn’t do to us at all. No, you never light up your icon building for your arch nemesis, even if they won the super bowl.

You are not giving anybody, anything. The Empire State building is not owned by the City of New York. And it’s not owned by the state of New York. It is the building’s owners who decide what is shown or not. And yes not only do they celebrate wins in sports from other cities, they celebrate a myriad of things around the country that don’t necessarily have to do with New York. They don’t even have to be about anything in the US.

1 Like

What about when many towers around the world lit up red white and blue for the passing of the Queen four months ago?

1 Like

What does the ownership status have to do with anything? The point is that, despite its status as a privately owned building, the Empire State Building is nevertheless an icon primarily of New York, it even takes its namesake from its state.

As with what @TKDV as mentioned, it’s just a color of lights shining in the night sky. I think 1 Manhattan West lights the same colors as well.

6 Likes
1 Like

Taken on 2/17/23

12 Likes

#3 & #5 are $$$.

1 Like

Lol I agree! I think number 4 is $$$ as well

1 Like

I actually like #5 better than #4. The reflection in the windows on the 1st setback are great but the lamppost detracts, Regardless, I’m glad you didn’t photoshop or Google pixel that out of the shot.

1 Like

Lol thanks, and I get what you mean. Funny enough I was trying to mask the lamp off in Lightroom but I was like “forget it”, so I just left it how it is. I guess the only way to get rid of it is to crop the picture somehow

Nobody like dealing with the real world, it’s messy. But it’s the world we all have to live in. Architects and photographers included.

2 Likes

Here is the slightly cropped version of it without the lamp post

6 Likes

Taken last Saturday

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrXXk_TtyXB/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrXBvkLN9Hn/

12 Likes