NEW YORK | The Brooklyn Tower (9 DeKalb Ave) | 1,073 FT | 74 FLOORS

IMG_6396 by Clay Hensley, on Flickr

11 Likes

The crown is moving slooowlly, But that has been a case with allot of the newer towers. I can be patient

1 Like

Will the crown have night-time lighting? If so are there any renderings with night lighting?

2 Likes

As far as I know, yes, there is crown lighting and it looks awesome.

Source: The Brooklyn Tower | SHoP

11 Likes

Slowly but surely the facade is going around the crown

14 Likes
6 Likes

^^^^

The Brooklyn Tower. Photo by Michael Young

14 Likes

Let’s go. Almost done with the cladding. This building is so freaking awesome!

It’s unfortunate that I know the nighttime lighting won’t be completed for another year +

4 Likes

My only nitpick is I wish there were more vertical elements “sticking out” of the top of the crown like the original rendering. Maybe if the glass stopped one level sooner to allow the vertical elements to breathe, it would work.

From a distance, the crown looks more flat in this final product. It reminds me of LA’s US Bank Tower’s evil gothic twin lol. Both about the same height.

9 Likes

I’m with you but…couldn’t they still do that though? I mean from the roof, like black antenna arranged around the inside perimeter. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. Would have been smart to design transmitters to look like gothic spikes, and then lease them to your carrier of choice here

1 Like

I love this building. Brooklyn has officially arrived. ::Hums Welcome Back Kotter::

2 Likes

I want those enticing spikes. It would give it a mean, aggressive, gothic look. It would let everyone know - “This is Brooklyn, and that’s Manhattan. I’m my own person.”
Lol

4 Likes

I do too wish it was more pointy like before, but I think what we have is enough as well. I painted out the platforms and hand cranes here, image credit Michael Young

15 Likes

Credit: Michael Young via NYY

13 Likes

Credit: Michael Young via NYY

19 Likes

26 Likes

Today as seen from Terminal 5

13 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cepgkj1uM20/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Gotham City!

2 Likes

Credit: [Skylite Productions]((https://www.youtube.com/c/sla31)

11 Likes