NEW YORK | Skyline Tower (23-15 44th Dr) | 762 FT | 66 FLOORS

I try to avoid LIC posts since it makes me think how the Three Stooges: AOC, Andrea Cousins, and Giannaris screwed NY by driving away Amazon.

Considering that middle-class New Yorkers (i.e., families making less than $250,000 per year and excluding people with rent-regulated apartments in Manhattan) are fleeing NY for NC, SC, Ga., and Fla., I’d like to know who the Three Stooges think will be footing the bill for NY’s absurd entitlement spending, ridiculous police pensions, and other absurd graft.

I’m a disgusted, moderate Democrat. These “politicians” are Marxists, and they foster a system of corruption akin to Moscow circa 1987.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/25/stop-this-runaway-train-of-overtime-costs-at-mta-lirr/

3 Likes

Was 1987 a particularly corrupt year in Moscow (compared to any other year since the emancipation of the serfs in 1861)?

1 Like

It just seemed like a period around the apex of corruption a little before the whole bloated corpse exploded. NY is on a similar path with all of its egregious waste, and it makes me quite sad to see a constant exodus to the Sunbelt by all except the recipients of such graft.

2 Likes

I share your same sentiment. I know. Speak the truth brother, speak the truth! I too am a Dem, one that tries to be moderate, but yeah… I don’t like what I’m seeing in our great city either.

Time will tell.

But anyways, speaking of LIC, let’s hope for more towers and units in the meantime. Maybe the next mayor will be more like Bloomberg, as we need it badly. Transit is the ticking-time bomb for the region, and all I’m seeing and hearing is talk talk talk with no action.

But anyways, let’s get back to skyline tower. I know sometimes we feel the need to vent, and I’m guilty of it too, but just know that we are on the right side of things. We can only hope that our great city flourishes, and through hard times to come, perseveres. Oh… and the hard times will come if transit and housing isn’t fixed.

NYC has been through political bs before, and has survived. I think the wave of bs will go away in time. Like a roller coaster of fun and bs!

4 Likes

16 Likes

This thing is climbing. It’s actually deceptively smaller in floor plate size, at least from Queens Boro Plaza. I think that’s why it’s going up so quickly.

3 Likes

9 Likes

15 Likes

Citigroup Building’s days as Queens’ tallest are numbered.

10 Likes

13 Likes

Kinda wish LIC could get something other than blue glass

3 Likes

LIC is the definition of Anywhere, USA, followed by Downtown Brooklyn.

4 Likes

That’s the nice part about NYC. You get a mix of everything. The future in Hudson Yards, commie blocks, super tall galore, pre-wars, modern glass skyscrapers/nodes filled with them, brutalism, the projects… single family homes, disheveled train stations, modern train stations, blank walls, terracotta towers, and it goes on. The city is like an encyclopedia on architecture. Every form, not matter how gross or how stellar, can be found here in some shape or another.

I still think LIC is waiting for its crown tower. DoBro is getting 9 Dekalb, now we just need the trophy tower. I don’t think its gotten it yet. None of these towers rising in LIC make the cut.

4 Likes

It will have to be a shorter crown tower though cuz of the FAA regs though right?

1 Like

Amén to this.

2 Likes

yea

the FAA cut nearly 200 feet off of this project

2 Likes

10 Likes

Today

10 Likes

9 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByePp51F9zW/?igshid=c6glhdxjqqsn

6 Likes