NEW YORK | Penn Plaza East | 900+ FT | FLOORS (Vornado)

The setbacks on 3 Hudson Boulevard :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Gotham Gateway by SHoP Architects

Is this up to date?

More on

6 Likes

Pretty sure thats more than a few years old. There were several visions for what the area could look like and this was one. My favorite had 2 gorgeous supertalls connected by an observation ring(which I could have done without).

6 Likes

While I would have preferred to see the Hotel Penn get restored, this is a beautiful tower.

3 Likes

Credit NYguy https://a4.pbase.com/g13/06/102706/2/173555513.0f932bac.JPEG

2 Likes

I Didn’t know that Site 5 has its own thread.

1 Like

You didn’t know that Site 5 Penn Plaza East has its own separate topic? Then take a look at the following link, which is the second post in the ESC topic.

And another thing you didn’t have to reply to my two posts, you could have just posted them without replying to me.

Anyone else feel like there are too many Penn Plaza/MSG threads?

Tho me some of these threads should be condensed until individual parts of the projects are finalized, like the Manhattan West thread.

There’s so much up in the air with regards to Vornado, MSG, etc. and so little construction going on for the time being.

6 Likes

100%. Most of the ‘updates’ on these threads are completely useless too.

4 Likes

I always say this but noone listens to me. :man_shrugging:

Penn Station should have a separate thread from the MSG discussion and that has been sorted out and agreed with by most but the 2 threads occasionally crisscross still even though the Penn Station thread is only meant for renovation update plans as they exist now and things involving the service providers (Amtrak, NJ, LIRR, etc).

There shouldnt be any other threads for the ESC but for Penn 15 because that is the only singular building in the project that has anything physical going on and has the most dicussion and material for it. The other 9 towers are completely up in the air still, have no final plans, have no final renders, have no final anything, thats why I keep on saying that there shouldnt be any other singular ESC threads for the individual towers until solid information comes out for them.

Penn 2 isn’t actually attached to the ESC so it’s also fine that it has its own thread.

But there should only be 5 threads in the forums for the whole area,

-Penn Station Expansion/Renovations
-MSG
-Penn 2
-Penn 15
-ESC

4 Likes

but if our mods think so…
…because the four extra threads should remain.

we’ve got them, ok