NEW YORK | PA Bus Terminal (Two Towers) | FT | FLOORS

On SSP, the four towers of the bus terminal have an extra topic. Therefore, I create it under reserve who thinks we do not need it, then this new link can be merged with the existing topic. Since we have one also extra topics on Penn Station and ESC.

„ The new terminal, which is expected to accommodate growth in bus traffic through 2050, is expected to complete the Federal environmental review process by Summer 2023. At that point, construction would occur in phases, allowing the existing facility to remain in service while its replacement takes shape. That includes decking over sections of Dyer Avenue early in the process, providing a temporary staging location that would be converted into green space later on.“

6 Likes

I wonder whether they’re expecting bus passengers to walk up and then over an avenue and a half to get between that new “intercity terminal” and 8th Avenue and the subways?

The decision to not build the 10th Ave stop on 7 line extension is looking particularly idiotic right now.

1 Like

Considering this thread is specifically about the towers, that conversation is better suited to the bus terminal thread here, otherwise this thread will just become a mishmash of the other thread and be pointless.

Or even here

2 Likes

Per NYguy on SSP:

2.3 MSF Office Tower (Site 4)

„This tower would be located at the far western end of the development. It would sit just west of the new ramp structure. It would have a footprint in size roughly equal to or slightly smaller than One Vanderbilt. Because it sits directly over a tunnel opening, there will not be as much sublevel space here as it could be, giving the tower more elevation.“

https://www.emporis.de/buildings/map#c=40.759,-73.998702&z=20

2 Likes

How high can the four be built?

5 Likes

Nice!! :smiley:

3 Likes

https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/press-room/press-release-archives/2022-press-releases/port-authority-announces-two-firm-team-of-world-renowned-archite.html

2 Likes

I don’t also want to unnecessary bump this thread but a diagram for what/what kind of diagram?

Per: https://www.instagram.com/selvon.nef/

i see the future…

4 Likes

Per: @ThreeWentDown

4 Likes

Per: NYguy SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - NEW YORK | 520 W. 41 St (2 Towers) | 723 FT Resi / FT Office| FLOORS

I think that…
site 3 and 4 could also get a skybridge.

1 Like

No, there would be no reason to connect 2 absolutely different use buildings so far apart together in the sky, your reasoning in using the possible resort next door is not justifiable reasoning.

2 Likes

I cant see this plan ever happening. Companies don’t want to be in Times Square. Also, this would be a very inconvenient location for office workers.

1 Like

This is arguably the most convenient location on the planet for office workers. Next to the largest subway complex on the planet, and a few blocks north of the busiest rail hub in the Western hemisphere. And Midtown is the largest office market on earth, and the biggest concentration is within a general radius of Times Square. I can’t see a scenario where this doesn’t happen, given the PABT has to be replaced anyways, and obviously the air rights provide a bulk of funding.

There are probably some companies that don’t want to be exactly in the middle of Times Square, but this site obviously isn’t. These towers would be on 8th, 9th and 10th. And, not that it matters, but the office towers right in Times Square are some of the most valuable in the city.

3 Likes

10th Ave in particular is two long blocks from the IND. And even 9th means walking through PA to get to same. I can see this if they build a 10th Ave station for the 7 line.

1 Like

10th ave 7 stop should really be a core part of this project. Not only to make the buildings more attractive, but also just maximizing general transportation connections with the bus terminal should be a no brainer.

5 Likes

I am still perplexed why they didn’t put in a PA stop with the #7 extension. Seems like a real no brainer.

Afaik the plan to build the 10th Ave 41st St stop was dropped from the 7 Extension plans in 2007 due to funding, a months after that it was proposed to just juild the shell of the station and actually fit it out at a later date but the funding never came up for that either, though it will cost much more to build it now then it did back then at a price point of $1 billion from the initial ~$500 million.

I think what made the station interesting is that its exits/entrances wouldve been planned 2 blocks away from each other with only one access point on each side on 40th and 42nd St because of the depth of the train line. This depth is also what adds a lot more to the cost.

3 Likes

I know. I was referring to the abandoned platform underneath the ACE platform which they had to bore directly through to extend the #7. It seems like it would have been easy enough to connect to PA from there.