NEW YORK | One Vanderbilt | 1,401 FT | 67 FLOORS

For a second I thought that crane was the spire! I wonder how long until it’s fully topped out

What i love about these shots is that it shows just how big One Vanderbilt really is, and how much it dominates the skyline

5 Likes

I’d say it’d be topped out by October

2 Likes
13 Likes

Earthcam

@Skyscrapergramer
Final angled parapet being assembled

1,288/1,401, 92%

13 Likes

Today

15 Likes

The first section of the spire is actually in place and hiding up on the last floor plate…hard to see in most pictures, but the rest of the spire sections started being delivered the past couple days…its going to get up there real fast it seems!

15 Likes

13 Likes

I can’t wait for the spire! I wonder if it will change color at night? Sorta similar to the Empire State Building or Bank of America Tower.

4 Likes

Actually, can’t remember—does the crown have the ability to change colors?

3 Likes

I remember some renders from a while ago showed the crown lit white, and some showed it blue. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

What an Amazing new icon!

I hope the crown is very bright at night. It’ll be interesting to see if they somehow coordinate with the lighting on the ESB.

7 Likes

BCS_20190913_4
BCS_20190913_26

BCS_20190913_60

11 Likes

14 Likes

Yeah! That would be so cool. I hope that happens

1 Like

Earthcam
Parapet looks about finished

19 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes

I think these were the renders you were talking about Nick, the bottom left photo stands out to me the most. Notice how the ESB and One Vandy are both purple. :hushed:

12 Likes