NEW YORK | 2-20 + 2-21 Malt Drive (Hunters Point South) | 440 FT + 390 FT + 310 FT | 38 + 33 + 25 FLOORS

TF Cornerstone is buying up everything on the LIC waterfront. 1.6m sq ft will give at least 4x 400ft towers and 2000 units.

This site is huge. They could likely extend the park further into Newtown creek as well with this development.

2 Likes
1 Like

City Harvest will move from LIC to Sunset Park to make way for this development

3 Likes

according to this article demolition of the City Harvest site has begun

2 Likes

They are putting up the green fences and about to start demo

5 Likes
5 Likes

The site is huge for just 2 towers?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just two towers. The two towers are just the first phase of a larger development.

2 Likes

I believe it is at least 4 towers. TF Cornerstone acquired the site during the Amazon HQ2 saga. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went the Greenpoint Landing route and built the majority of affordable units in midrise buildings.

The 326,000 square feet of land at 55-01 Second St. is bounded by 54th Avenue to the north and Vernon Boulevard to the east.
The pricing equates to $187.50 per buildable foot and the developer will have to demolish the current buildings and put in all the infrastructure such as sidewalks and sewers.
It is expected to support four, 400-feet-tall towers with more than 2,000 rental apartments. Under current City rules, about a third of them would be affordable.

2 Likes

So is Amazon doing anything around the area? I don’t really care if they come one way or the other but what gets built might be interesting.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this render is for 2-10 54th avenue. There’s another render of a single tower which I believe is for this one which I didnt get to take pic. This huge lot looks to be for 3 towers.

7 Likes
2 Likes

7 Likes

i think these are the same

2 Likes

I believe we can see the construction zone through this window.

Credit: FC

4 Likes

Merged.

Anyone know if this steel is for this project or is it for the Lirr site?

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkrbiRXvZir/?igshid=ZjA0NjI3M2I=

Bottom right

4 Likes
2 Likes