NEW YORK | Domino Sugar Redevelopment | (4 Towers) | 565-170 FT

Great photos, 5B.

That looks amazing !

woww!

the flagship building (at least that’s what I’m calling it)

http://zum3d.com/project/domino-sugar/

10 Likes

Domino redevelopment’s massive waterfront park will open in summer 2018

[QUOTE]The massive new public park coming to the Williamsburg waterfront as part of the overall Domino redevelopment project will open in the summer of 2018, developer Two Trees Management announced on Thursday.

Designed by James Corner Field Operations, the same firm that was the lead on the High Line, Domino Park, as the waterfront park will be called, will stretch a quarter of a mile and bring with it a new waterfront esplanade and six acres of parkland.

Much like the High Line weaves through the high-rise now taking shape in West Chelsea, Domino Park will weave its way through 11-acre Domino megaproject and incorporate many of the historic elements of the sugar factory that once operated out of this site.

The highlight of the park perhaps is a 450-foot-long elevated walkway that will be called the Artifact Walk. The approximately five-block long walkway will run along the footprint of the warehouse that stored the sugar (that also housed Kara Walker’s acclaimed exhibit). The Artifact Walk was inspired by the series of catwalks that connected the buildings on the Domino site when it was still a sugar factory. Going one step further, James Corner Field has decided to incorporate large pieces of machinery from the sugar with two 80-foot tall cranes being placed at the northern end of this walkway.

That’s not the only place James Corner Field decided to preserve portions of the historic factory. Throughout the six-acre park, visitors will find artifacts from the old factory like 585 linear feet of crane tracks, 36-feet tall cylindrical tanks that collected syrup during the refining process, and 21 columns from the sugar warehouse.

In addition, the waterfront park will feature sports fields, lawns and gardens with seating, and a children’s play area, not to mention the extension of River Street (which currently ends at Grand Street) all the way to South 5th Street, near the Williamsburg Bridge.[/quote]

8 Likes

Wow. That park looks great. I love that they incorporated the tracks and those cranes. The syrup tanks are ugly but I like that they included as much old equipment as they could. Very cool.

The giant 0 shaped building directly to the north of the refinery/flagship building looks great too!

2 Likes

10 Likes

That 2nd pic’s not showing up:

6 Likes

yesterday

https://s28.postimg.org/qq87mxsel/IMG_00002186.jpg

https://s28.postimg.org/ff5jykljh/IMG_00002185.jpg

10 Likes

It looks almost exactly like the SHoP tower designed for that plot why the COOKFOX Change?

SHoP made the masterplan. Cookfox is probably the design architect for this particular tower.

6/2

10 Likes

7 Likes

Love this shot 5b.

Has a very apocalyptic, chernobyl vibe to it. At least how interpret it. Composition is excellent. :slight_smile:

Thanks Chris- yeah…I shot thru the barbed wire and took a few more up over the top of the fence but I like the impact the out of focus barbed wire had. It kind of matches the hatchwork of the bridge I think too.

11 Likes

WOW!!!Great job Shop!!

Looks like Chernobyl!

11 Likes

Im excited to see them clean up the old plant.

1 Like