NEW YORK | Block 675 (601 W 29th St) | 637 + 545 FT | 58 + 42 FLOORS

12 Likes

I had higher hopes for this one…

3 Likes

I agree, I liked the original cladding, or atleast the one that was shown in the most recent renders, this one doesn’t look good with all the visible mullions. The old cladding looked good with the green wall opening in the middle, so it will be hard to picture how much this mullion-centric cladding will clash with the curtainwall in front of the green wall. I’m not aware of any newer renders, so the finished product will be a mystery, though turning out to be a not great one.

But I must say it went up really fast, of course, since it had a small floorplate, the crane is already lowering itself back down to be dismantled.

6 Likes

Uscranes

12 Likes

CREDIT: SocialHermit

14 Likes

14 Likes

Per: 606 West 30th Street Tops Out Over Hudson Yards, Manhattan  - New York YIMBY

12 Likes

17 Likes

13 Likes

Changed the height of 311 11th Ave (601 W 29th S/ the taller of the towers) to it’s actual height of 637’ (to the top of the bulkhead), the roof line is 613’. I’d known this for about 2 years, but it’s still slightly disappointing that it was originally supposed to be 695’. I wish they hadn’t removed the mech screen/parapet on the roof.

The shorter tower is still 545’ tall.

1 Like

14 Likes

I love when the weather is great, and I know I will return to this forum to see plenty of updates.

6 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

The base cladding is up on Tower B

16 Likes

15 Likes

Getting there

Update on the tree, you can spot a spiral staircase on one of the upper penthouse levels.

17 Likes

15 Likes

Taken on 6/1/23

13 Likes

14 Likes