NEW YORK | 100 West 37th Street | 743 FT | 68 FLOORS

69 floors could be a condo supertall, although the number of units suggests apartments and not uber luxury condos.

1 Like

What a the height? The article says 300 thousand square feet, 69 story residential tower. How tall would that roughly be?

1 Like

Sounds like 800’ of rentals to me

1 Like
2 Likes

This is a very good location. Should be over a 1000 feet for it to stand out.

1 Like

The old tower at 1005 feet was 370K sq feet. The new one is also 370k sq feet.

1 Like

Does anyone know what building(s) will come down?

I know that everyone flips out when I discuss what sh…it I’d like to see come down, but this PoS has been on my list for years.

This filthy junk too…

1 Like

These are not junk. They have been badly marred by signs and other changes but their bones are good. The top photo especially displays a building with lots of interesting touches. They may be small when you want big but junk they are not. Like many other older buildings they can give the city some real architectural interest if preserved and rehabbed.

4 Likes

I certainly agree; however, they are utterly dilapidated and sadly, will never be restored. Faced with that reality, I’d rather see them get redeveloped.

2 Likes

Well if you agree they are not junk then perhaps you should stop using the epithet POS and state your actual reasons for hoping they come down. At least then forum users will have some substance to agree or disagree with. We can’t really react well to POS except to say, “There he goes again.”

4 Likes

From SkyscraperPage, the building will be -just- 743 feet. :confused:

1 Like

2 Likes

There was a great poster on Wired New York very long ago who used the term “PoS.” I had no idea what it meant and was amused when he told me. Anyway, he died, and I use it in his honor.

2 Likes

That’s an ok height with me. They should build a little smaller around the ESB

1 Like

Tell that to 262 Fifth Avenue. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’ll still the the tallest there, not counting the ESB.

1 Like

Permits Filed for a 68-Story Skyscraper at 100 West 37th Street in Midtown, Manhattan - New York YIMBY

1 Like

looks like there’s a double @chris08876 @Mackensen

https://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/new-york-989-993-6th-ave-ft-fl-pro/1689/2

2 Likes

Chertrit owns this assemblage and recently bought 235k SF of air rights from the magnificent corner structure.

He has a total of 375,000 SF. Stay tuned, folks!

1 Like

This is close to the ESB and has a chance to be pretty tall if it’s condos/hotel.

1 Like