NEW YORK | The Brooklyn Tower (9 DeKalb Ave) | 1,073 FT | 74 FLOORS

It’s a render of the structure, sans cladding for some reason.

10 Likes

Higher quality

11 Likes

They forgot to turn on the facade layer on Photoshop lol. I hope this means there’s a much more detailed and updated render being released soon.

3 Likes

That or they’re targeting the glamping demographic in Brooklyn

3 Likes

Today:

9 Likes

This is taking forever.

2 Likes

A great product can take a long time

4 Likes

I remember feeling that way about 111 w 57th! The slow start used to give me anxiety! I thought it would never happen.

3 Likes

This is on my ‘recession watch list.’

3 Likes

Seriously! There are pics in this thread going back to February of 2017 that look identical to baronson’s recent pic of the site.

5 Likes

I remembered reading about this being completed in 2019 a while ago…2021/22 seems more like it now. Its definitely one of the slowest yet most anticipated developments in the city. The first supertall for the city outside of Manhattan.

3 Likes

I kinda of wish 99 Hudson was a super tall. I think down the line, Jersey City will get one. I kinda see JC as an extension of NY.

5 Likes

9 Likes

If that is so then I hope it follows in the footsteps of another NY icon built during a significant downturn, going up even though the rest of the economy is headed south.

4 Likes

Might be hard to tell but the site seems as active as ever.

14 Likes

looks like organized chaos, but at least work is being done.

5 Likes

I just accepted a position in downtown Brooklyn. I will be your BK “reporter” once this starts to take off. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

:smiley::cityscape::building_construction::smiley:

3 Likes

newish rendering from SHoP

17 Likes

They (SHOP) have refined this design well: modern, yet still retaining a ‘classic architecture’ appearance. The building now has many design elements that evokes classic NY Architectural icons such as the Empire State building, Chrysler Building, and the Woolworth building. This is setting a good president for future towers in the area; we don’t want Downtown Brooklyn to start looking like Downtown Dallas - any town USA.

7 Likes