NEW YORK | 9 DeKalb Ave | 1,066 FT | 73 FLOORS

wait! Is that a new rendering they have in the article or a very old one? I hope the later :pray:

1 Like

Looks like the same design just without the cladding added for some reason. Like how it will look while under construction.

3 Likes

I think it’s exactly that. JDS wouldn’t go from Steinway to… uh that.

1 Like

That odd render has been floated before, I saw it awhile back. Don’t worry.

1 Like

Im not seeing the render yall are talking about…

1 Like

It’s a render of the structure, sans cladding for some reason.

9 Likes

Higher quality

11 Likes

They forgot to turn on the facade layer on Photoshop lol. I hope this means there’s a much more detailed and updated render being released soon.

3 Likes

That or they’re targeting the glamping demographic in Brooklyn

3 Likes

Today:

9 Likes

This is taking forever.

2 Likes

A great product can take a long time

4 Likes

I remember feeling that way about 111 w 57th! The slow start used to give me anxiety! I thought it would never happen.

3 Likes

This is on my ‘recession watch list.’

3 Likes

Seriously! There are pics in this thread going back to February of 2017 that look identical to baronson’s recent pic of the site.

5 Likes

I remembered reading about this being completed in 2019 a while ago…2021/22 seems more like it now. Its definitely one of the slowest yet most anticipated developments in the city. The first supertall for the city outside of Manhattan.

3 Likes

I kinda of wish 99 Hudson was a super tall. I think down the line, Jersey City will get one. I kinda see JC as an extension of NY.

5 Likes

9 Likes

If that is so then I hope it follows in the footsteps of another NY icon built during a significant downturn, going up even though the rest of the economy is headed south.

4 Likes

Might be hard to tell but the site seems as active as ever.

14 Likes