NEW YORK | 80-100 Flatbush Avenue (Alloy Block) | 482 FT + 840 FT | 40 + 74 FLOORS

Still good news in hindsight. Still kinda useless for it to be reduced… but HEY… you can’t always please or begin to understand the mentally incompetent… so in the spirit of being jolly…

:beers:

At least it was voted on and approved. We lost a little height, design change, density… but if it means it’ll rise, and appease those morons… we can all sleep well tonight.

7 Likes

It looks like a giant smokestack.

3 Likes

I can’t think of the name, but I swear it looks like a super tall in Asia. Similar design ( the taller tower that is).

1 Like

Here we go. A tab bit similar, especially the top. More cylindrical in nature (80 Flatbush).

Citic Tower

Over in Beijing.

2 Likes

I like the new design better, this feels more memorable.

2 Likes

Disappointed in the height reduction. However at 840 ft it is still quite imposing for Brooklyn standards so at least something skyline impacting will be built. It could’ve been a lot worse.

3 Likes

I must admit, China builds beautiful towers and there is no debating they are roof height tall (no so called “spires”).

3 Likes

my mind went to the old Tour Phare proposal for Paris.I hope this design is retained. They’ve radically altered it once, whats to say they won’t again, before it begins construction in the 2020s? Im a bit skeptical, unsure if what we’ve seen so far for phase 2 are placeholders. At least the affordable housing component remained unmolested with the FAR cut, and 840ft is still significant for the outer boroughs.

5 Likes

I like it a lot.

1 Like

This is terrible. Looks like a giant smoke stack.

3 Likes

Downtown Brooklyn just can’t catch a break.

3 Likes

Should just build IM Pei’s 1954 Grand Central replacement if we’re going cylindrical.

7 Likes

And why the box over the old brick building. Smh. Just tear it down in that case.

1 Like

For some reason, my Kaspersky security suite blocked 80 flashbush’s teaser site. Had to add it to exceptions list.

Am I the only one getting this false positive?

1 Like

maybe its landmarked?

1 Like

i like this redesign and how the tallest tower floats above the base. Too bad that they couldn’t get it taller in exchange for tapering it.

2 Likes

Look at the base of the tallest tower, where it curves inward, that’s a great looking detail
Imo

1 Like

Sad and bleak, but oddly a vast improvement over the last design. Meanwhile, they may as well have demolished the historic school buildings in this plan. Setting back the cantilever (or whatever that addition is) even just a little would have made a world of difference.

9 Likes

Maybe the reality will look better the rendering, this is terrible.

1 Like

This tower is a much better design than the last one. The last one was just a boring box. It was the shorter weird cousin to 432 park ave. We already have that tower, it’s called 432 park ave. This tower has some personality with a cool base. I think y’all were too attached to the height of the last tower.

4 Likes