NEW YORK | 80-100 Flatbush Avenue (Alloy Block) | 482 FT + 840 FT | 40 + 74 FLOORS

Believe it or not, that is a digital rangefinder. It actually is a great idea because you can use the rangefinder to compose and conserve battery life. Portability of course goes out the window w/most telephoto lenses but the 56mm (85mm equivalent) isn’t bad at all.

1 Like

13 Likes

selvon.nef

12 Likes

Look like hand-laid:

13 Likes
3 Likes

14 Likes

And there’s the bulkhead.

Nice captures, I love how you can see all the panels on the floors waiting to be installed.

4 Likes

10 Likes

This is a handsome building. Can’t wait for the cylindrical counterpart to rise.

3 Likes

Midtown Manhattan West needs a cylindrical building.

2 Likes

It would definitely stand out, and could have been a reality had 35 Hudson Yards been built in it’s earlier form that basically looked like what 80 Flatbush looks like.

I still find it kind of hard to believe that 100 Flatbush is a residential building, I feel like normally you see the windows open (or even the slightest ajar) all over the place when under construction but I haven’t seen a single window opened. The ceiling heights also seem relatively low from what is now deemed to be the average of about 9 ft.

2 Likes

Is it going to be rental?

1 Like

Yeah, there’s going to be 396 market rate apartments and 45 for affordable housing. 100 Flatbush is planned to have 254 market rate and 155 affordable units.

1 Like

That explains the ceiling height.

2 Likes

Now that 3/4 of the facade is done, we can start seeing the gradient’s full effect.

13 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

Removal of the safety cocoon is probably one of my favorite parts of construction because it reveals the top. Eagerly waiting to see what shape the mullions are on the last tier lol.

6 Likes

I was confused when you called the top earlier because they had not yet poured the roof, but I now see the double high top floor you were talking about.

2 Likes

Lol sorry about that, I do struggle sometimes to describe stuff in the instance that something is easier to speak (or see visually) than try to explain something by typing it. That’s why I always say I’m speaking jargon on here.

2 Likes