NEW YORK | 69 Adams Street | 280 FT | 26 FLOORS

This will be a massively beautiful, and insanely viewable, structure from the Manhattan Bridge. Leaving Brooklyn or entering Brooklyn, density will envelope the bridge entrance. I love these bridge-adjacent developments, especially the one also going up next to the WB Bridge (Domino sugar building #4.) and the Two Bridges developments in LES

2 Likes

I went for a run over this bridge last week, and it was just passing the height of the walkway and roadway. It’s going up quickly.

2 Likes
1 Like

7 Likes

The ‘as of right’ structure is FAR better (pun intended) as the street level is getting too squeezed of sunlight, air circulation and general ‘open feel’ at the street level.

The zoning laws are seemly ‘for sale’ here - all under the pretext of “funds for the subway” . The city council creatures did not do the right thing here: again the ‘public’ gets the shaft - special interests get the gold.

These is a good article that gives some insight on how the ‘art of the deal’ is often done in NYC real estate. I don’t think it always turns out bad like this; it is the nature of commercial interests and the power brokers that are the inevitable outcome with big city builder. It is, what it is: this is a good read on how some of it got this way.

1 Like

9 Likes

This had risen so quickly. Wow.

Down the block - they are renovating that little triangle. The whole area under the bridge is being beautified

7 Likes

Reminds me of Europe.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Blegh -

1 Like

This building is what I call “artless architecture” - in other words, good enough.

On the bright side if things; this boring building serves as the perfect foil to the very ‘Artful Architectural Design’ that is 98 Front street - right next door.

1 Like

I think its only redeeming quality is this little plaza at the base…

3 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

new bland design

source 69 Adams

4 Likes

Yergh -

1 Like

Looks like mid-2010s style architecture.

1 Like

Good grief.

2 Likes