NEW YORK | 625 Madison Ave

I hope that this building gets redeveloped.

https://therealdeal.com/2021/02/23/s…avenue-office/

2 Likes

This would be the perfect site for a landmark mixed-use supertall. It would be hard to find a better urban location, anywhere.

2 Likes

I agree.

Both hunks of junk on this stretch of Madison, 625 & 650 Madison, need to be razed and replaced with supertalls. There are only a finite amount of sites around Central Park that can support a tall tower with stunning park views. Here are two of them.

3 Likes

I wonder if this could be where Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al Saud plans his mile high tower.

4 Likes

625 Madison is well located for new construction or a change of use. We expect to finalize the ongoing ground rent arbitration early next year and then evaluate the site for a variety of possible strategies.

Supertall-Site

2 Likes
2 Likes

Topic was merged… :+1:

1 Like

Can someone post this ?

1 Like

This is almost certainly gonna be redeveloped. Given the A++ location, a supertall condo would likely deliver record-breaking prices. This is a better location than 220 CPS.

2 Likes

I agree.

how high could it be built here? 1500 feet or taller?

This is another typical post from you 007 where I notice that you have learned nothing in your two-week lockout period. If you write more posts like this, you will be suspended another time, but this time it will take one or two montages until you can write new posts (without probation). @chris08876

5 Likes

Does anyone recall if this site is located in the east side rezoning? If so, then there would be alot of potential for something “show-stopping”.

If yes? then it would be very interesting to speculate.

It’s not, the MER boundary stops at 57th St.

That’s too bad, I guess a spot rezone is possible especially if they fund transit improvements.

625 Madison has over 500k sf. A pretty tall residential tower could be built with that.

I can’t imagine that 220 CPS (sans the Villas on 59th) is much larger than that, and it’s around 950’ tall.

1 Like

@BK1985 I believe for that to work, they would need to be adjacent to transit infrastructure to buy into extra FAR credits, only certain developments have been given exemption to not being adjacent to transit for transit improvement bonuses, but that has not been made a city wide rule yet. I wouldn’t call it a spot rezone more than just getting bonus FAR “from” transit improvements.

But first the site would need to be rezoned from commercial usage to residential (and most likely residential mixed-use).

220 Central Park South has ~472K ZSF with the smaller Villa structure on 59th* St (not 57th), and while I can’t recall in particular if 220 was built with bonus FAR or purchased air-rights, it’s overall FAR is 12. 625 Madison Ave, would have an equivalent residential FAR of 10 (it has a Commercial FAR of 15). This would only result in a ZSF of 351K. Residential FAR is not the same as Commercial FAR so the current figure of sqft can’t be used to approximate the size of a residential tower.

1 Like

It may be very hard for any residential tower here to have park views then because the GM building is directly west of this site. Thus, only units above the first 700’ would have park views, unless any new tower was somehow situated largely on the north corner of the site and perhaps arose from a triangular-shaped base.

Maybe something with the shape of Metropolitan Tower on 57th would maximize views over the north corner where the GM Building doesn’t obscure them.

3 Likes