NEW YORK | 58 West 39th Street | 480 FT | 36 FLOORS

Well the top part looks nice but I suspect some value engineering will occur…

1 Like

City Realty’s reporting is not up to par with Yimby’s work. This article shows a different project: H Hotel W39: In uncertain market, slender glass hotel rises near Bryant Park | CityRealty.

I recall that years ago, there was discussion about razing some garbage around 47 W 39th, together with a beautiful, old building (pictured below) on 40th St and building a new Foster tower. I guess that this was the plan. It looks really nice, and it certainly looks like the Lord’s work.

However, it would suck Dick

Cheney to lose this beautiful building. Then again, this project seems to be in limbo, and “We Work” certainly won’t be a tenant.

3 Likes

I thought that block was landmarked(?)

I guess that the building with We Work isn’t.

I dont think that rendering is accurate. I thought they wanted to demolish the annex of 40 w 40th and build there. In the rendering it looks like they gutted the annex to serve as a lobby while destroying 54 w 40th, which would totally suck.

1 Like
2 Likes

H Hotel Buys Midtown Air Rights from Refinery Hotel for $11M (therealdeal.com)

3 Likes

That new rendering looks pretty bad, almost like a malformed budget engineered CPT

Oppix56–I agree. It appears really awkward and unwieldy. This is not the only bad cantilever now under construction but I think it is one of the worst. It is time for the city’s land use authorities to take a look at the scale of some of these projects and place limits on the size and aesthetics of them. There’s one on the UWS on Broadway which is a three cantilever job that is equally bad.

Construction has resumed.

7 Likes
3 Likes

At least they didn’t forget the BMU in the renderings lol

2 Likes

Earlier today

7 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Earlier today

6 Likes

Earlier today